Ways to Give
OPPORTUNITIES TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Gifts to the Academy provide critical support for students, faculty, research and programs. Join the growing number of alumni and friends who support Massachusetts Maritime Academy by making a gift using one of the options below.
Send your check to:
Office of Advancement
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
101 Academy Drive
Buzzards Bay, MA 02532
Please call the Office of Advancement at 508-830-5099 and we will run your credit card for you.
Please be sure to contact the Advancement Office at 508-830-5099 to inform us that a gift of securities in on the way. This information will ensure both timely crediting and acknowledgement of your gift.
Transfer of Money
- Santander ACH:
- ABA #011075150
- Account #56300056688
- Swift Code: SVRNUS33
- Bank Information:
- 2895 Cranberry Highway
- East Wareham MA 02538
Transfer of Securities
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- DTC #0015
- MMAF Account # 447-032686
- MMAF Taxpayer ID 23-7025807
Gifts of appreciated Securities are tax deductible at full fair-market value if the donor has owned the asset for at least one year. To avoid capital gains taxes, you must provide the securities themselves, not the proceeds of their sale. These gifts may be deducted at fair market value on the date of transfer to the Academy.
The Academy now accepts cryptocurrency and we’ve made it easy for you to donate it!
Here’s how to do it:
- Visit https://www.cryptoforcharity.io/
- Pick Massachusetts Maritime Academy
- Donate and get a tax receipt.
Thank you for all the ways you support Massachusetts Maritime Academy!
Important things to know:
- Cryptocurrency donations (processed by FreeWill Impact Fund and Crypto for Charity) are promptly sold and the net proceeds transferred to Massachusetts Maritime Academy. The Academy does not have a payment processing account for cryptocurrency nor does it maintain a reserve of cryptocurrency, therefore all donations to Mass Maritime (via the method above) are final.
- The Academy will acknowledge receipt of your gift but a tax receipt will be issued only by FreeWill Impact Fund.
- Cryptocurrency is treated by the IRS as property and is subject to the same rules as non-cash charitable gifts.
If a loved one passes away you can suggest that a memorial gifts be made in memory of him or her to Massachusetts Maritime Academy. You can also set up a gift that pays tribute to their life through scholarships, athletics, or academics to name a few.
Making a gift to MMA in honor of a loved one is also a nice way to commemorate a special occasion. Gifts in memory or in honor are a lasting tribute to your loved one and make a true difference in the lives of our Cadets.
You may also permanently memorialize or honor someone important to you by:
- Purchasing a brick for the Brick Plaza located in the center of campus (open to all),
- By purchasing a plaque with their name for the Chief Engineers Log (open to academy alumni only) or
- By purchasing a plaque for the Merchant Marine Memorial (open to present and former members of the U.S. Merchant Marine only).