Campus Memorials & Honor Plaques
The Academy has been in its present location on Taylor’s Point since 1949 and over the decades numerous honor and memorial sites have been created. Some of them have withstood the test of time, others have not. Below is a list of the significant sites that exist on campus now, their criteria for inclusion, and their locations.
- Admirals’ Hall - (reserved solely for Academy graduates who have achieved flag rank as senior-level commissioned officers in the U.S. Navy or the U.S. Coast Guard); Harrington Hall
- Athletics Hall of Fame - (nominations accepted; final selection by committee; honorees are selected from across the entire Academy community); Clean Harbors Athletic Center
- Brick Plaza - (open to all members of the Academy community); center of campus
- Cadet Chief Engineers Log - (Academy cadets only); Bresnahan Hall
- Cadet Chief Mates Log - (Academy cadets only); ABS Information Commons, 3rd floor
- Chief Engineers Log - (open to Academy alumni only); Engineer’s Alley, Bresnahan Hall
- Double Bucs Plaque - (open to Academy alumni only; must have earned both undergraduate and graduate degrees at the Academy); Bresnahan Hall
- Maritime Park - (reserved for Academy alumni only); along the canal, adjacent to the east end of Flanagan Hall
- Merchant Marine Memorial - (open to all members of the U.S. Merchant Marine); on Academy Drive adjacent to the walkway between Harrington Hall and Bresnahan Hall
The Academy’s policy on the creation of new honor/memorial exhibits has tightened up considerably over the years; new sites must be approved by appropriate Academy officials. For more information on any of the sites above, please contact Linda Noonan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-830-5038.