Data-driven assessment and decision making
Institutional Research reflects the extent to which and the quality with which an institution achieves its expectations. We invite you to learn more about what OIR does within the areas of institutional research, assessment, planning, and accreditation. Explore our latest year end report for a look at OIR's performance in meeting its operational objectives.
The primary goal of OIR is to oversee the collection, analysis, and distribution of institutional data to support strategic planning, decision making, program development, assessment of student learning, accreditation, and program review. In keeping with established codes of ethics and professional practice, the Office strives to fulfill its duties in a professionally responsible manner. The main objectives of OIR are as follows:
- To execute the collection and reporting of data and key indicators for internal and external use (both mandatory and voluntary reporting).
- To execute the administration, analysis and/or reporting of surveys and evaluations for internal and external use.
- To support the assessment of student learning outcomes.
- To monitor success in meeting targets for performance indicators and achievement of student learning outcomes.
- To perform analysis of institutional data and related data (e.g., peer or benchmarking data) for continued improvement.
- To support strategic planning, program development and review, and accreditation efforts.
- To promote a systematic, well-documented approach to maintaining and reporting official Academy information and data.