For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
For the past seven years on #GivingTuesday - the international day of giving - the Mass Maritime community has come together to support the Academy. This year given the pandemic, social unrest, and the needs we are seeing from our Campus Community we decided to make GivingTuesday, December 1, an even bigger deal.
Join us with your best gift, share our posts, create your own posts, remind your friends to give, participate in the Crew team's 2K sprint (on the erg or running) and join us for our first (hopefully only, we would rather see you in person) Virtual Admiral’s Scholarship Gala.
This year we are asking you to make a gift that carries on the tradition of Perseverance at MMA. By making a gift you are not only blazing the path for our cadets to follow - as you do with your work each day- but you are standing behind and supporting them to help them get to Commencement. Through gifts to Massachusetts Maritime Academy you are reminding our cadets that each person has obstacles to overcome and the lessons taught at MMA have helped you, your children, your employees all persevere through personal and work challenges along with this pandemic because we have each other.
Gifts to MMA Support every cadet at MMA. Here are some examples of how gifts support our cadets:
- $50 allows one cadet to go out for four hours on MMA's training vessel "Ranger."
- $100 keeps the TS Kennedy steaming along for one mile.
- $250 opens the Keith Hartford Sailing Center for a weekend of activities for cadets.
- Two gifts of $600 supports a Buc athletics team to get to and from an away game.
- 19 gifts of $1,000 help to upgrade a classroom for 21st century education.
- $2,500 supports the purchase of one Sea Bag, a mandatory item for all cadets that is filled with uniforms and safety equipment.
- $5,000 can provide a Sea Term Scholarship for one cadet.
Your support on GivingTuesday and every other day is important in the lives of our cadets.
Together we Persevere!
For questions about #GivingTuesday, get in touch with the Office of Advancement at email@example.com or 508-830-5099.