Prepare to Transfer
Transferring to the Academy
Transferring to the Academy is simple, but it can be difficult to know where to start. Are you planning ahead or ready to apply? Either way, the following steps will guide you to the information you need:
1. Start your application.
If you haven't already created an account with us, create one now.
2. Complete your Application
Complete the online application and submit the $50 application fee. Mass Transfer applicants should email Al Seitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application fee waiver code.
3. Upload your Additional Documents
- Request official high school transcript (required for students who have not completed an associate’s or bachelor’s degree and must include graduation date)
- Request official college transcript(s)
- Complete our good standing form from all colleges/universities attended
- Attach your essay (minimum 300 words why you want to attend MMA or a subject of your choice)
- Submit 1 letter of recommendation
- Submit official SAT/ACT scores (This is OPTIONAL)
All supplemental items can be emailed to email@example.com (preferred) or mailed to the following address:
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Office of Admissions
101 Academy Drive
Buzzards Bay, MA 02532