For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Assistant Project Manager
The Assistant Project Manager will work for the Project Management team to help manage
critical project activities.
This person will interact closely with Project Managers, the Finance team, outside supervisors,
technical staff, suppliers and vendors, customers, and other administrative personnel to
support the successful accomplishment of key project milestones.
He/she will ensure the timely and satisfactory delivery of project deliverables to customer
• Functionally reports to various Project Management Team Leaders.
• Creates and monitors budgets, tracks expenses, and coordinates financial information
for contracts and subcontracts.
• Creates and updates project schedules and status/progress information.
• Creates and tracks various reports, tables, charts, and other miscellaneous documents
• Coordinates, integrates, and formats presentations and other written correspondence,
including proofreading documents for clarity, grammar, and punctuation.
• Maintains records, logs, drawings, and filing systems (electronic and paper).
• Arranges and coordinates meetings.
• Enters and tracks data in database systems.
• Supports administratively other project-related personnel as business needs dictate.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
• A minimum of Associate’s degree, ideally in business, finance, or a technical subject is
required, unless relevant long term experience equivalent to an Associate’s Degree can
be proven. Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is preferred.
• 2-4 years of directly related professional experience is preferred, although qualified
high-quality candidates entering the workforce directly from college will also be
• Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
• Strong computer skills and existing proficiency in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required. Knowledge of MS-Project highly desired.
• Candidate must be a team player, a self-starter, and an independent thinker.
• Ability to multi-task and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, involving solving complex and varying problems.
• Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team.