Undergraduate Payment Delinquency
Late Bill Payments
This policy addresses the timeline of undergraduate billing due dates, the consequences for students not paying on time, and the Academy departments that are accountable for applying these consequences.
This policy applies to undergraduate students and specific Academy departments. These departments include the Office of Student Financial Services, Commandant's Office, Registrar's Office and Enterprise Systems.
The dates associated with student billing will be communicated to students, parents and staff. The following is a list of some of the places where this information will be communicated:
- The Cadet Handbook;
- Emails sent to the parents list group;
- Emails sent to incoming and current students;
- The Academy website;
- On the student e-bills.
If a student fails to make full payment on the due date, they will incur a late fee of $100. If a student fails to make full payment 2 weeks past the due date, the Academy will send a certified letter to the student's home address. This letter will state that the student has 2 weeks to make full payment. If full payment is not made at this time, the student may lose their housing, receive a Class II, receive an additional $150 delinquency fee, and be unenrolled from classes. A hold will be placed on the student's record, denying access to view grades, add/drop classes or obtain a transcript.
If a student withdraws from the Academy and has an outstanding balance due, in addition to placing a hold on the student's record, the following procedure will be followed:
- An original letter is sent to the student's home address indicating the balance due with a due date within 30 days. The student is given the opportunity to set up a monthly payment plan if they are unable to pay the balance in full within the 30 day timeframe.
- If payment is not made in full and the student has not set up a payment plan, a series of 3 additional letters will be mailed to the student, one month apart. 30 days after 4th reminder is sent, the student will receive a letter indicating that their file has been sent to a collection agency. The Student will be responsible for the outstanding balance along with any collection fees associated with their account. Once an account has been sent to the collection agency all communication from that point on will be between student and the collection agency.
The following departments will ensure the enforcement of this policy:
- Student Financial Services - creates the list of delinquent students
- Student Financial Services - sends letter to the home addresses of delinquent students under VP of Student Services and VP of Finance signatures
- Commandant's Office - enforces Class II and loss of housing
- Registrar - enforces loss of registration
|Bills Posted||Early July||Early November||Early January||Early May|
|Bills Due||July 15||December 1||February 1||June 1|
|Late Payment Fee ($100)||July 16||December 2||February 2||June 2|
|Letter Sent||August 1||December 15||February 15||June 15|
|Final Delinquency ($150)||August 15||January 1||March 1||July 1|