State law requires that all full and 3/4 time (9 credits per semester) students have health insurance coverage that meets or exceeds the minimum standards as set forth in Massachusetts Law C.15A, s.18 (text available on the http://mass.gov website). State Law requires all registered students attest to comparable coverage or to enroll in the schools student health insurance plan. MMA does not know what your insurance covers. Please contact your insurance company directly to determine if you can waive the school sponsored insurance.
- If you are currently covered under a comparable health insurance plan, please follow the link to complete the Waiver Form.
- If you are an out of state student, living at home and taking all of your classes on line, as long as your insurance covers you in your home state, you should follow the link to complete the Waiver Form.
- If you do not have health insurance coverage, please follow the link for the Enrollment Form.
- NOTE: If you are subjected to a loss of coverage within the school year, you will need to complete the enrollment form for University Health Plans within 30 days of the qualifying event (loss of coverage).
Please note the following exceptions:
- International Students with foreign based insurance carriers can not waive the Academy provided insurance coverage and MUST enroll in our plan
- Undergraduate students taking less than 9 credits are not eligible for Massachusetts Maritime Academy Student Health Insurance and therefore need not waive.
- Health Safety Net is not considered comparable coverage.
Any Student who fails to submit the appropriate form will be placed on registration hold.