- Bachelor of Arts in Geology from Hamilton College
- Ph.D. in Oceanography from Graduate School of Oceanography, University of Rhode Island
- Dr. Burton's (formerly Schrum) research interests include the biogeochemistry of marine sediments, particularly the carbon and nitrogen cycles. She has participated on research expeditions to the Southern, Pacific, and Atlantic Oceans, the Bering Sea, and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Dr. Burton joined the MSSEP faculty in 2012 and teaches courses in Earth Science, Coastal Ecology, and Marine Biology and oversees the MSSEP Experiential Learning, a winter field course in St. John, USVI.
- Master of Arts in Ecology from Jagiellonian University
- Ph.D. in Environmental Science from Jagiellonian University
- Dr. Jop has 30 years of professional experience in environmental toxicology. He has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in Poland, North Texas State University and the University of Wisconsin. In addition, he has directed research programs in aquatic toxicology for several consulting companies and has authored or co-authored over 50 peer-reviewed publications.
- Dr. Jop joined the Marine Science Safety and Environmental Protection (MSSEP) faculty in 1999 and teaches courses for both MSSEP and Emergency Management.