MS Emergency Management
Mission, Outcomes, and Objectives
Master's in Emergency Management
The Emergency Management program within the Graduate School at Massachusetts Maritime Academy seeks to provide professionals with the technical foresight to solve problems and the interpersonal skills to reduce the gap in time between a creative solution and an accepted practice in the field of emergency management.
- The program’s graduates will have a strengthened professional commitment to the field of emergency management.
- The program's graduates will gain the problem-solving capabilities to prepare for, respond to, and recover from, incidents, hazards, and emergencies.
- The program's graduates will acquire the knowledge and tools to be successful emergency managers in both the public and private sectors of industry.
- Apply leadership and decision-making processes through class-related complex exercises.
- Practice emergency management core doctrine, concepts, principles, policies and laws via simulations.
- Achieve team-building, decision-making and leadership skills through case studies.
- Demonstrate individual writing/oral communications skills through written and class presentation assignments.
- Distinguish through risk assessment the hazards and threats that a community, business, or entity might face.
- Build a professional network of fellow emergency management practitioners.