IAEM Massachusetts Maritime Academy Graduate Chapter
All MSEM students are eligible to join the IAEM Graduate Chapter at Massachusetts Maritime Academy. This club offers student members opportunities to engage with the national IAEM community and get involved with regional and national initiatives. This is a great way for students who are both new to the world of Emergency Management and those who are already seasoned professionals to connect with other EM professionals around the globe. See below for more information on the benefits of joining:
What are the benefits of joining this club?
- Access to the largest network of top emergency management experts who can offer solutions, guidance, and assistance
- Access to IAEM conferences, webinars, workshops, and other educational opportunities
- Scholarship opportunities
- Access to the IAEM Jobs Board
- Information updates via the IAEM Bulletin, a members-only monthly newsletter that is the definitive source for current emergency management issues and trends
- Representation on government working groups addressing vital issues such as terrorism preparedness, emergency management program standards, communications, disaster assistance delivery and others
- …and more!
What is the time commitment for joining this club?
The club meets during the lunch hour of every middle weekend of each class. Typically, these meetings include a special guest speaker from the Emergency Management community. Club officers may meet outside of these hours to attend regional meetings.
Is there a cost to join?
Club members will need to register as a student member through the IAEM website. The cost for student membership is $45 per year.
What kinds of initiatives is the club involved with?
Each cohort can decide the direction of the club and its initiatives. The following are some examples of initiatives that past cohorts have worked on:
- Developing a Student Professional Development Guidance for IAEM U.S. National
- Developing an Internship Program Guidance with IAEM Region 1
- Representation at the 1st Annual Emergency Management Job Fair
If you are interested in joining or have any questions, please reach out to the club officers listed below.
Cohort XV Officers:
Kylie Deasy - firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick Faria - email@example.com
Marc Lieber - firstname.lastname@example.org