For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Welcome to Massachusetts Maritime Academy!
To support good health on campus, especially with preventing Coronavirus, we need your help.
For yourself or the group you are bringing, if anyone has the following please refrain from coming on campus at this time:
- Travel in the last 14 days to any areas with Coronavirus outbreaks, Internationally or in the United States
- Living with or exposure to others who are under isolation or have the above risk factors
- Symptoms of fever, cough or difficulties breathing
- Use our hand hygiene stations, a lot.
- Enjoy unlimited soap & water in our bathrooms – and wash for at least 20 seconds
- Everyone coughs and sneezes on occasion – we won’t ban it, BUT please do so into a tissue or your elbow only
- We may not shake your hand to stop germ spread, but we are still happy to see you
- We are a smoke free campus, having a pulmonary virus going around and smoking (or vaping) can’t be a good idea
ARE YOU AT HIGHER MEDICAL RISK IF YOU GET CORONAVIRUS?
If you are in a high risk group to get more sick from an infection, especially coronavirus, we want you to be extra careful about hygiene, keeping some extra distance, and even if that extra distance means coming to visit us or other large gatherings another time, we’ll wait for you.
Higher risk means:
- Age Over ~60
- Weakened immune system from illness or medications
- Chronic lung diseases like emphysema, significant asthma, etc..
- Chronic Cardiac disease or diabetes
Please contact your medical provider or our Health Services