For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Thank you for your interest in visiting Massachusetts Maritime Academy! In addition to our virtual visit offerings, the Academy is now open for a limited number of in-person campus visits during the week that will available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note, we will not accommodate any walk-in visits at this time, therefore, registration is required. To register for your visit you will need to create an account and search under Events. Upon registering for a campus tour, you will be sent a detailed confirmation email. Please read through that email carefully before your arrival to campus, as it includes important guidelines that we ask all of our visitors to follow.
Please review our updated visit policy outlines and FAQs below before
scheduling your visit.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the following guidelines were developed as part of our 2020 Fall Safe Return Plan Visitor Policy to help ensure the health and safety of the Academy’s campus community and visitors. Please read this entire page carefully to ensure you are following all proper health and safety protocols. Failure to comply with any of these guidelines may result in you not being allowed to enter campus.
We will not accommodate any walk in visitors.
There can be no more than three members in your tour group.
All members of your party must wear a surgical grade face mask while on campus - neck gaiters, cloth masks, bandanas, scarves, and masks with exhalation vents are not approved face coverings.
Please note, the Academy will not be providing these.
It is highly encouraged that you bring hand sanitizer, and a water bottle with you.
Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather. Tours will take place rain or shine.
Please plan to arrive for your tour 15 minutes prior to your scheduled tour time - this is very important given our new check-in process. Upon arrival, please park in an Admissions Visitor spot outside of Flanagan Hall and call Admissions at 800-544-3411 to check-in. Unless otherwise instructed by staff, you will not enter the building during check-in. Portable restrooms will be available outside of Flanagan Hall.
Groups will not be allowed to enter any buildings along the tour route, however, we will be utilizing iPads to display our virtual tour at each stop. For a better experience it’s highly encouraged that you bring headphones to connect to the iPad for ease of listening. Additionally, one of our Admissions Ambassadors will be showing you around our campus and can answer any questions you may have during the tour.
A member of our Admissions staff will provide each person within your tour with an iPad. Each member of your group will be required to complete the Campus Clear App and a COVID-19 contract tracing form on the iPad. After answering the Campus Clear questions, if the green “cleared” screen appears, the visitor can continue on campus. If the red "not cleared" screen appears you will not be allowed onto the tour. It is required that all members of your tour group complete the Campus Clear app questionnaire the day before your visit, as well as, the morning of your visit. The Campus Clear App can be downloaded via smartphone, computer, or tablet (see below app links for download).
- Effective August 1, 2020, all visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts must complete the Massachusetts Travel Form prior to arrival (unless you are visiting from a lower-risk state) and must quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72-hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts.
- Your negative COVID-19 test results must be forwarded to the Office of Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org) 24 hours prior to your scheduled visit.
- Here are lists of FDA approved PCR Test and Molecular Tests for COVID-19 to meet the MA Travel Order.
- Anyone not in compliance with these guidelines per the Commonwealth of Massachusetts will not be allowed onto campus.
- Lastly, by registering for a tour, you affirm that you understand in choosing to visit the Massachusetts Maritime Academy campus during a pandemic, it is at your own risk and will hold the Academy harmless should any member of your party be diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus. Further, if a member of your party is diagnosed positive for the COVID-19 virus within 14 days after your visit to campus, you will notify the Health Services Department (email@example.com) so that appropriate steps may be taken to have potentially exposed individuals tested.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have questions please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800)544-3411. Please note, campus visitation is subject to change anytime without notice based on current health and safety protocols.