For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
How to Apply
We recommend using Firefox or Internet Explorer as your web browser.
To complete the application process be sure to:
- Complete the online application
- Submit the $50 application fee
- Request official high school transcripts (and college transcript if transferring)
- Include your essay (minimum 300 words discussing the most important reasons for selecting MMA as a possible college for you). After you submit your application, this can be uploaded and attached as a word document or PDF file.
- Request two recommendations. These may be uploaded directly to your application by the author. If the author of the recommendation wishes to submit it to MMA directly, they may email it to email@example.com.
- Send standardized test scores (SAT, ACT)
Please note: International applicants are currently unable to apply using the online application. International applicants must complete the International Student Application, located here.
All items should be sent to:
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
101 Academy Drive
Buzzards Bay, MA 02532
Electronic versions of your supplemental items can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred).
Students wishing to be considered for early action (freshman applicants only) are to submit a complete application package by November 1st. Decision letters will be mailed prior to the holiday break in December.