- Bachelor of Business Administration from University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Master of Business Administration from Babson College
- Business Administration Coordinator teaching a wide range of business subjects at Cape Cod Community College
- Visiting lecturer at University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth and Bridgewater State University
- Bachelor of Science from St. Xavier's College, India
- Master of Science in Statistics from Indian Statistical Institute, India
- Ph.D in Economics from Princeton University, USA
- Professor Ani Dasgupta teaches Microeconomics, Finance and Quantitative Methods of Management. He also serves as the faculty advisor of the Academy's Business/Investment club. He joined the Academy at the time of the inception of the International Maritime Business department and served as its first chairperson. He is also an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Economics Department at Boston University, where since 2004, he has taught graduate statistics and econometrics courses. In the past, he has served as full-time faculty at Penn State University, visiting faculty at the Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta and adjunct faculty at Tufts University.
- Outside academia, Dr. Dasgupta has worked as the chief economist of a dotcom, and provided consulting services in the areas of economics and operations to companies. His research publications have appeared in prestigious journals such as Management Science, Journal of Economic Theory and International Journal of Game Theory, and he is involved with ongoing research projects in the areas of Game Theory and Labor Economics.
- Beyond professional activities, he plays the guitar and drums, writes fiction and poetry and manages to waste countless hours playing chess on the internet.
- Bachelor and Master of Arts in Economics from Jadavpur University, India.
- Ph.D in Economics from Victoria University, Australia
- Research interest includes demand estimation and pricing issues of ports, environmental economics, international trade and maritime business.
- Founding member of the International Maritime Business department and has been with the Academy since 2000. Besides advising a large number of students in the department, she teaches Organization Management, Macroeconomics for Business, Business Ethics and Negotiation, International Business and Ocean Shipping and Sustainable Blue Economy..
- Served as the sea term coordinator and the Experiential Learning coordinator for the department. She also served as a member of the All College Committee and Curriculum Committee. Dr. Ghosh has presented several papers at the Annual General Assemblies of IAMU, the latest being in Japan in November 2019. She also coordinated several IMB student teams to attend the IAMU conference where their papers and presentations received top honors.
- Her most significant responsibility during 2014-15 was to lead the IACBE accreditation initiative for the IMB department.
- She is also instrumental in conceptualizing the IMB Experiential Learning program that takes students to different maritime hubs around the world, gaining cultural and practical exposure to the business of shipping in a global perspective.
- Bachelor in Science in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Master in Science in Ocean Systems Management
- Master in Science in Technology and Policy from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ph.D. in Ocean Systems Management from Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Dr. Kite-Powell is a Research Specialist at the Marine Policy Center of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution and holds appointments as a lecturer at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, and as a senior analyst with Marsoft Inc. His research focuses on public and private sector management issues for marine resources and the economic activities that depend on them.
- Ph.D., Bachelor of Law, and Master of Law from University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Durban South Africa Attorney of the High Court
- South Africa Rough Diamond Certification - De Beers Diamond School, South Africa
- Dr. Ndlovu specializes in commercial legal principles of international trade particularly, Maritime Law/Maritime Business (main specialty) which directly includes, International Commerce, International Trade, Environmental Regulation, International Diamond Trade Law and other International Law subjects. Her research has extended to Asia Pacific trade matters, Maritime Pedagogy, the Mining of Sea Areas, employment of vessels for mining and the Law of the Sea. She has coordinated the Maritime Law and Commerce programs in different nations in service to the academic institutions she has been affiliated with during her career.
- As a practicing maritime lawyer, Dr. Ndlovu provides consultancy services to government bodies such as the Ports Regulator in South Africa, legal compliance advice and policy advice and support to various commercial entities and law firms has sat as an arbitrator/assessor in various tribunals bringing specialized academic and practical legal knowledge of maritime business matters.
- She has written various peer reviewed journals and published books with her most recent book 'Diamond Law' receiving a citation for ‘Most Notable Publication Received in the Energy and Natural Resources Law Journal (JERL) Vol. 31 No 3 2013.
- PH.D in Interdisciplinary from Memorial University, Canada
- Master of Science in Maritime Economics from Erasmus University, Netherlands
- Capt. Ashok Pandey is a former shipmaster with a sea-career spanning more than two decades most of which was spent on ice. An avid researcher, his current areas of research interest include shipping route modelling in the Arctic using GIS and the e-navigation platform. He has spent the last ten years in academia and has lectured on various subjects including International Maritime Business, Supply Chain Management and Ship Chartering and Port Economics. He has commanded Cape size bulk carriers (ice-class) for almost a decade and specializes in high latitude navigation.
- Bachelor of Science from Eastern Nazarene College
- Master of Business Administration in Management and Marketing Concentrations from University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
- Ph.D. in Organizational Behavior from Suffield University
- Cliff Robbins has over thirty years of successful strategic management and marketing experience. Prior to founding his own consulting firm in 1997, he held top management positions with several organizations. He was the founder and CEO of three of his own entrepreneurial ventures. He has over fifteen years of experience as a management consultant, having advised hundreds of growth oriented entrepreneurial organizations. He is currently the senior business advisor at the University of Massachusetts Small Business Development Center. In addition to his consulting practice, Mr. Robbins has taught courses in management sciences and marketing at Bentley University and UMass- Dartmouth. He is well known for the many white papers, seminars and workshops he has presented.