For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
- The first time you click on a link from a Library Search Results, you will be prompted to login.
- Use your MMA PortalGuard Username and Password. You will then be authenticated to use all licensed research materials - during this session.
- Once you log off, the session ends and you will be prompted to sign in again when you try to open databases or documents.
- If your PortalGuard credentials are not working, or you have any technology problems, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search for Course Reserves
by instructor or class
Quiet Study Space on the 2nd floor of the ABSIC is available for use by all students, faculty and staff.
125th Anniversary Exhibit
The 180' long exhibit of Massachusetts Maritime Academy's 125-year history is on display on the first floor of the ABS Information Commons.
Additional exhibits are located on the 2nd floor. Visitors are welcome.
MMA Yearbooks have been scanned and made available in digital format by the Boston Public Library via the Internet Archive.
With the exception of the three yearbooks (1948, 1970 and 1973) that were never deposited in the Library/Archives, volumes from 1945 to 2014 are now available online.
This digitization project is the first initiative that we are undertaking in the Library to bring the history of the Academy to life.
In the coming months we plan to bring more of the Academy's history to you through a digital archive.
- Consequences of Maritime Critical Infrastructure Accidents
- American Spy
- Commercial Facilities Protection & Homeland Security
- Cybersecurity: the Beginner's Guide
- Government Facilities Protection & Homeland Security
- Homeland Security: Risk, Threats, & the New Normal
- Homeland Security: The Imperfect Intersection of National Security & Public Safety
- Infectious Diseases & Bioterrorism
- Intelligence, Biosecurity & Bioterrorism
- Renewable Energy
- The Weaponizing of Biology
- Threat Level Red: Cybersecurity...
- Advancement in Emerging Technologies & Engineering Applications
- Alternative Energy Systems in Buildings
- Aquaculture Engineering
- Cold Regions Engineering 2019
- Design of Smart Power Grid Renewable Energy Systems
- Distributed Wind Energy Generation
- Essentials of Environmental Engineering
- Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics
- Green Engineering for Campus Sustainability
- Integration of Large-Scale Renewable Energy into Bulk Power Systems
- Introduction to Wind Energy Systems
- Large-Scale Integrated Energy Systems
- Marine Propellers & Propulsion
- Model Predictive Control of Wind Energy Conversion Systems
- Offshore Operations & Engineering
- Offshore Wind Energy Technology
- Oil - A Beginner's Guide 2nd edition
- Ports 2019: Port Engineering
- Science & Mathematics for Engineering
- Seaside Building Design
- Solar Power Technology
- Sustainable Engineering
- Alternative Energy
- American Political Humor
- Artificial Intelligence
- Delivering Effective College Mental Health Services
- Hateland: A Long, Hard Look at America's Extremist Heart
- Imagining the End
- The Presidency in Times of Crisis & Disaster
- The Rules & Politics of American Primaries
- The Winter Army: The WW II Odyssey of the 10th Mountain Div...
- Global Maritime Safety & Security Issues & East Asia
- Advanced Engineering for Processes and Technologies
- Advanced Wind Turbine Technology
- Advances in Engineering Research
- Advances in Renewable Energy and Sustainable Systems
- Carbon Taxation for International Maritime Fuels
- Climate Change Operational Framework 2017-2030
- Contemporary Ideas on Ship Stability : Risk of Capsizing
- Counter-Terrorism Technologies : A Critical Assessment
- Decision-Making in Humanitarian Operations
- Diagnosis and Fault Tolerance of Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives
- The Dynamics of Coalition Naval Warfare
- Economic impact of disasters and the role of disaster resilience
- Engineering and Technical Development for a Sustainable Environment
- Fundamentals of Geoenvironmental Engineering
- Green Transportation Logistics
- A Handbook of Sustainable Building Design and Engineering
- Learner Support in Online Learning Environments
- Maritime Cooperation in Semi-Enclosed Seas
- Maritime Governance and South Asia
- The Navy Companion : An Illustrated Compendium of Maritime Terms and Traditions
- The New Era in U.S. National Security
- New Technologies for Emission Control in Marine Diesel Engines
- Probability and Mechanics of Ship Collision and Grounding
- Reliability on the Move : Safety and Reliability in Transportation
- Science and Engineering of Hydrogen-Based Energy Technologies
- Transforming Disaster Response
- Water Resources : An Integrated Approach
- Waters of the World
- Women in Security : Changing the Face of Technology and Innovation
- Academia Next : The Futures of Higher Education
- Access for All : Expanding Opportunity and Programs
- Measuring Success : Testing, Grades, and the Future of College Admissions
- The Missing Course : Everything They Never Taught You about College Teaching