For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Student Life : Digital Exhibit in the ABSIC
Quiet Study Space in the ABSIC
The new, Quiet Study space on the 2nd floor of the ABSIC is available for use by all students, faculty and staff.
125th Anniversary Exhibit
The 180' long exhibit of Massachusetts Maritime Academy's 125-year history is on display on the first floor of the ABS Information Commons.
Additional exhibits are located on the 2nd floor. Visitors are welcome.
MMA Yearbooks have been scanned and made available in digital format by the Boston Public Library via the Internet Archive.
With the exception of the three yearbooks (1948, 1970 and 1973) that were never deposited in the Library/Archives, volumes from 1945 to 2014 are now available online.
This digitization project is the first initiative that we are undertaking in the Library to bring the history of the Academy to life.
In the coming months we plan to bring more of the Academy's history to you through a digital archive.
- Management of Shipping Companies
- Disaster Response and Recovery : Strategies and Tactics for Resilience
- Energy Infrastructure Protection and Homeland Security
- Food Supply Protection and Homeland Security
- Transportation Protection and Homeland Security
- Handbook of Game Theory
- Global Maritime Transport and Ballast Water Management
- Contemporary Piracy and Maritime Terrorism : The Threat to International Security
- Maritime Terrorism and the Role of Judicial Institutions in the International Legal Order
- Coasts in Crisis : A Global Challenge
- Hybrid Energy Systems : Driving Reliable Renewable Sources of Energy Storage
- Cyberspace and National Security : Threats, Opportunities, and Power in a Virtual World
- Shaping the Security Environment
- Cargo Liners : An Illustrated History
- Cargo Preferences for U.S.-Flag Shipping: Background, Considerations, and Food Aid Issues
- Green Shipping Management
- Illustrated Dictionary of Cargo Handling
- Introduction to Marine Cargo Management
- Management Careers and Education in Shipping and Logistics
- Optimizing Liner Shipping Fleet Repositioning Plans
- Advances in Shipping Data Analysis and Modeling
- Maritime Networks : Spatial structures and time dynamics
- Auto Brand : Building Successful Car Brands for the Future
- Economics of Taxation
- Human Element in Container Shipping