For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Student Life : Digital Exhibit in the ABSIC
Quiet Study Space in the ABSIC
The new, Quiet Study space on the 2nd floor of the ABSIC is available for use by all students, faculty and staff.
125th Anniversary Exhibit
The 180' long exhibit of Massachusetts Maritime Academy's 125-year history is on display on the first floor of the ABS Information Commons.
Additional exhibits are located on the 2nd floor. Visitors are welcome.
MMA Yearbooks have been scanned and made available in digital format by the Boston Public Library via the Internet Archive.
With the exception of the three yearbooks (1948, 1970 and 1973) that were never deposited in the Library/Archives, volumes from 1945 to 2014 are now available online.
This digitization project is the first initiative that we are undertaking in the Library to bring the history of the Academy to life.
In the coming months we plan to bring more of the Academy's history to you through a digital archive.
- Cyberspace and National Security : Threats, Opportunities, and Power in a Virtual World
- Shaping the Security Environment
- U.S. National Security: A Reference Handbook
- Cargo Liners : An Illustrated History
- Cargo Preferences for U.S.-Flag Shipping: Background, Considerations, and Food Aid Issues
- Green Shipping Management
- Illustrated Dictionary of Cargo Handling
- Introduction to Marine Cargo Management
- Management Careers and Education in Shipping and Logistics
- Optimizing Liner Shipping Fleet Repositioning Plans
- Black America : A State-by-State Historical Encyclopedia
- Advances in Shipping Data Analysis and Modeling : Tracking and Mapping Maritime Flows in the Age of Big Data
- Maritime Networks : Spatial structures and time dynamics
- Auto Brand : Building Successful Car Brands for the Future
- The Armenian Genocide: A Complete History
- Economics of Taxation
- A History of the Royal Navy: The Napoleonic Wars
- Human Element in Container Shipping
- Drawing Boats and Ships
- Electric Boats and Ships : A History
- Commercial Shipping Handbook, 3rd ed
- Design Principles of Ships and Marine Structures
- Marine Transportation Management
- Marine Engineering: emerging developments and global challenges
- Shipping and the Environment : Improving Environmental Performance in Marine Transportation
- Shipmates : The Men of LCS 52 in World War II