For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Environmental Field Technician
Resource Options is looking for an entry-junior level Environmental Scientist or Engineer to provide assistance in environmental sampling, assessment, and response actions on a large construction project in Boston, MA.
ROI has partnered with a well-respected, multidisciplinary consulting firm in the AEC industries. Our partner company delivers integrated Forensic, Engineering, Construction, and Environmental solutions to complex projects around the globe. This opportunity is great for entry - junior level environmental scientists who are looking to grow professionally with an incredible company that places emphasis on company culture and work life balance. The Environmental Field Technician will aid upper level staff in environmental assessments and response actions.
• Collect field samples for screening and/or laboratory analysis (air, soil, groundwater, and building materials)
• Respond to release of oil and hazardous materials (OHM) and providing contractor oversight
• Conduct Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments consistent with ASTM standards
• Provide oversight and sampling during installation of soil borings and monitoring wells
• Oversee remedial excavation activities
• Perform UST / AST inspections, removal, and closure assessments
• Prepare plans, maps, boring logs and assist with technical reports and work plans
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related studies
• OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification
• Experience and/or understanding of field services; sampling, air monitoring, and contractor oversight
• Experience with report writing
• Good communication skills
• Position requires pre-employment Background Screening
• Position requires pre-employment Drug Screening