For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Control Room Operator (2nd Engineer)
The Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) brings a competitive edge to Massachusetts municipal utilities dedicated to providing their customers with low-cost and reliable electricity. We plan, develop and manage energy resources in an evolving marketplace that requires high levels of innovation and expertise. Our values are old-fashioned, reflecting 40 years of public power joint action, but our service is enlightened.
We currently have an opening for a Control Room Operator at the Stony Brook Energy Center
• This position is accountable for the safe and efficient control and operation of boilers, gas and steam turbines and all associated equipment during an assigned shift, from the Control Room or from local-control stations adjacent to the equipment. Incumbent reports to the Shift Supervisor(s), and normally provides operational guidance to the ACRO and AO.
• Incumbent is responsible for following established operating procedures with reference to proper time and heating limitations when bringing equipment into service and on-line.
• In addition, incumbent will be required to exercise independent judgment when addressing operational issues as applicable.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Requires a Massachusetts 2nd or 1st Class Engineers license.
• Must be capable of being certified through NGA for various phases of pipeline operations and maintenance.
• This position is responsible for DOT related gas pipeline duties and is subject to a DOT compliant drug testing program.
MMWEC offers a competitive salary & benefits package including both a pension and savings retirement plan with company match. We foster an environment that challenges employees to be passionate, energetic, proactive, and progressive. If you are interested & qualified to join our team please apply directly at: https://massachusetts-municipal-wholesale.checkwritersrecruit.com/
Or forward your resume & salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Company (MMWEC) eagerly accepts applications for employment from all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, GINA, marital status, gender identity, age, ancestry, veteran status, mental or physical handicap, and political belief or affiliation.
MMWEC will only accept applications for open positions.