For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Why join us?
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of electrical, HVAC, building controls and plumbing equipment. Perform preventative and unscheduled maintenance on all building systems; in accordance with Oxford guidelines. Assist Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer with strategies contributing to the overall team goal of enhancing the value of the asset. Under the Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer’s guidance, direct and coordinate engineering related activities to ensure a safe and secure work environment. Contribute to the efficient operation of the property while optimizing engineering efforts to meet or exceed expectations. The Engineer position is required to be visibly and actively involved in overall engineering operations, and to lead by example. Work in partnership with property management and support teams (i.e. Accounting, Customer Service, Administration, Leasing, Engineering, Construction and HR) and encourage all vendors and staff to do the same within a Class A office tower.
Generous vacation, 100% paid employer medical and dental coverage, 401k matching plan, annual bonus, fitness allowance, support for continuing education.
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team—part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate, and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Proactive and positive demeanor with “can do” attitude.
• Conduct and monitor performance measurement and management review process, as applicable.
• Perform engineering maintenance analysis and repair activities, as required. Promote an environment of learning for all staff.
• Set challenging goals, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and persistence about accomplishing them and hold themselves and the team accountable for achieving results.
• Use software-based tenant request system to troubleshoot recurring problems and to increase tenant comfort.
• Collaborate with regional staff for the execution of strategic engineering related initiatives.
• Promote engineering best practices and emphasizing continuous improvement related to all engineering related matters.
• Collaborates with property management team to address customer relation issues.
• Clearly organize and express ideas and opinions both orally and in writing.
• Utilize PM program to ensure preventive maintenance (PM) is being scheduled and performed in a planned and effective manner. Actively monitor completion reports and make adjustments when necessary. Provide Sr. Engineer or Chief engineer with monthly reports.
• Utilize software-based work order system to effectively monitor, schedule and evaluate manpower and resources.
• Promote energy awareness and conservation utilizing the MACH energy program and the building’s energy management systems. Including working with property management to execute on the asset specific sustainability program.
• Support Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer by overseeing vendors and contractors to ensure building systems are properly maintained and all work is performed in accordance with building rules and regulations and that safety plans are submitted when applicable.
• Support Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer with oversight of construction activities including plan review, submitting comments and attending job site meetings to ensure compliance with base building standards and specifications and local authorities – building department, fire department, etc.
• Assist the Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer in the management of capital and special projects, including – compliance with building rules and regulations, and ensuring proper close-out documentation.
• Actively enforce life safety and emergency procedures and policies. Assist Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer to keep accurate records. Under the guidance of the PM and Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer participate in and lead emergency response training sessions with PM’s.
• Help Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer ensure property is in compliance with local, state and federal building codes, including OSHA regulations and asbestos operations and maintenance programs.
• Pro-actively monitor good environmental practices – indoor air quality guidelines, refrigerant management, ACM, SPCC, hazardous waste management and disposal.
• Assist the Sr. Engineer or Chief Engineer in the planning and execution of a successful Operational Audit.
• Implement and maintain accurate record keeping of relevant building information.
• Ensure proper timing of purchases and expenditures so that proper cash flow is maintained.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• Experience - Two to three years’ relevant experience in modern office building. Strong “hands on” troubleshooting skills in HVAC, building controls systems, electrical and plumbing.
• Education - Two year trade school certificate emphasizing HVAC, electrical, plumbing, life safety and building control systems preferred.
• Certifications - Asset: Relevant state/local license for Refrigeration Technician, plus universal level refrigerant recovery license, OSHA, ACM awareness and BOMA accredited course certifications desirable.
OMERS is one of Canada’s leading pension funds. We invest over $85 billion for more than 470,000 plan members and their families. Our investment professionals use a direct-drive, active management strategy to invest in public and private markets from our offices in Toronto, New York, London and Sydney. We are committed to earning superior returns by attracting world-class investors and by building a culture of excellence.
Established in 1960, Oxford Properties Group is the real estate arm of OMERS. As one of the world’s premier real estate investment, development and management companies, Oxford manages over $40 billion of real estate assets on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners, with a global portfolio spanning over 60 million square feet. We have offices across Canada, and in London, Luxembourg, Boston, Washington DC and New York, with regional investment, development and management professionals who have deep real estate expertise and local market insight. For more information about our hands-on approach to reach, visit www.oxfordproperties.com.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.