For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Able Services is the largest family owned provider of engineering, janitorial and facilities management solutions in the U.S. Since 1926, Able has consistently delivered world class service at a competitive value, thereby achieving significant cost savings and efficiencies for our clients. Working together, we deliver valuAble work-life experiences to over one billion square feet of real estate. We are ‘Service at Work.’
Our assignments range from large multi-tenant office buildings to single-user mid and high-rise corporate headquarters and administrative office facilities. We also serve corporate and university campuses, data centers, high-tech and bio-tech research, medical, manufacturing and warehousing facilities.
The Engineer is responsible for maintenance and repairs to the buildings and grounds, related fixed and portable equipment and installation, while establishing a safe environment for the facility.
Supports the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able Engineering Services operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
• Maintains and performs repairs to buildings, utilities, grounds and equipment.
• Optimize the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems. Uses and helps provide best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems so that problems are resolved in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Maintains continuous operations of equipment by trouble shooting and repairing.
• Provide hands-on training and collaboration to other engineering team members.
• Fosters a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
• Records all pertinent data in building logbooks, and makes all appropriate daily entries.
• Conducts utility and equipment tests.
• Records pertinent data on all equipment in accordance with federal, state, and local codes and requirements.
• Process administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental policies and procedures.
• Stay abreast of the latest technology as related to building systems and equipment and emergency response regarding fire and life safety.
• Actively functions as a team member.
• Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
• Complies with Able Engineering Services and facilities’ policies and procedures.
• Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety program.
• Complies and participates in facility specific safety program.
• Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
• Provides highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and visitors at the facility.
• Participate in regular required communication with Chief Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, management, tenants and other staff.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Class A Commercial Refrigeration/Process Cooling and Heating Certification required
• Facilities or building maintenance experience
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
• Skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
• Skilled in using standard powered and non-powered tools.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Boston, MA
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Able Services offers a comprehensive health and welfare benefits, 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
Able values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of classification protected by law, including race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, disability, veteran status, or national origin. We also provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.