The Beachmoor

The Beachmoor is open to meetings, conferences and other corporate events. 

History

Taylor's Point was named after its most prestigious owner, General Charles H. Taylor, founder and editor of the Boston Globe. Mr. Taylor purchased the property in 1896 from Colonel Whittier who called the house the Beachmoor. In 1931 the Massachusetts Legislature decided that the south western tip of Taylor's Point was the perfect place for the Commonwealth Pier. However, ships and ferries found the canal too dangerous. In 1938 'the Great New England Hurricane struck Buzzards Bay, killing hundreds and damaging and destroying thousands of homes and vessels. Taylor's Point was not spared. When the water receded and the winds ceased, the only home still standing on Taylor's Point was the Beachmoor. In 1949 MMA's Commissioners realized the abandoned Commonwealth Pier was a perfect place for the Academy. Over the years, the Beachmoor changed hands and was finally purchased and renovated by MMA in 2011. 

Rates 

$65 an hour or $390 for the day ( 8hours)

The Dining Room | Max 110 |

Beachmoor dining room

The Deck | Max 60 | 

Beachmoor looking out at water

The Entire Venue | Max 160 | 

The Beachmoor