For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Health Requirements for Admitted Students
All incoming cadets must submit the MMA Medical forms to Health Services. A physical examination, done within the past year, that is documented on the Massachusetts Maritime Academy physical form is required. Incoming cadets must also complete the medical and immunization histories found on the Health Portal. Below is a list of the mandatory immunization requirements.
Remember, you must submit a copy of your complete immunization record to us so that it will be a part of your chart. Be sure that you have the mandatory vaccines listed below.
- Hepatitis A Vaccine: Two doses required to complete the series. At least one dose must be given prior to attending MMA.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: Completion of the three dose series.
- Meningococcal Vaccine: One dose for all residential students given within the last 5 years. If the first dose was given before age 16 a booster dose is required.
- MMR Vaccine (Measles, Mumps and Rubella): Two doses or proof of immunity by a blood test.
- Varicella Vaccine (Chicken Pox): Two doses or documentation of having had the disease.
- Tdap Vaccine (Tetanus, Diptheria and Acellular Pertussis): One dose required within the last 10 years.
- Mantoux (PPD) test for Tuberculosis: Must be done within one year of starting at MMA. This is required for all students. If you had a BCG vaccine you may have an IGRA blood test.
- Polio Vaccine: Primary series and booster dose