Accounts and Equipment
After you've been accepted to Mass Maritime, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your account information. At that time, you will receive an @maritime.edu email address that will be used as the primary email for correspondence from the Academy.
As an accepted student, we encourage you to to apply for Financial Aid prior to accepting your offer to become a student. To apply for Financial Aid, you can access the first two steps below.
Your password is synchronized for the resources you will use on campus.
- Visit My Maritime
- Login with your assigned username and default password. This is sent to you in an email from email@example.com.
- Follow the prompts.
- You will be prompted to change your password every 180 days for security reasons.
To apply for financial aid, students must complete a Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. Priority deadline for incoming students is March 1st. Returning students have a priority deadline of May 1st. The form can be found at www.fafsa.gov.
All students can monitor their financial aid status through the MMA self-service portal.
- Go to https://self-service.maritime.edu/Student
- Click on Login and use your firstname.lastname@example.org and password created earlier.
- Access all of your Financial Aid information.
All students receive an official MMA student email address, which is our official connection to the Academy and your professors. This account is also used as the primary means of communication from Academy administrators and faculty. Check this account regularly for updates and information.
- Go to mail.google.com.
- Log in with your full email address, which is your username, email@example.com.
- Your password is the same password you created earlier.
All students have unlimited storage to Gmail and Google Drive. To open Drive, click on the icon of 9 dots in the upper right corner and select Drive.
In the event of an emergency on campus, the Academy will contact you via the method you provide in our Emergency Notification System.
- Go to https://www.getrave.com/login/maritime.
- Use your username and password created earlier.
- Follow the prompts.
A medical history must be completed via the the Online Student Health portal (OSH).
- Go to the Health Portal
- Login using your My Maritime username and password created earlier.
- You have two sections to complete: Forms and Immunizations.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy requires that all cadets have a laptop computer, tablet, or other computing device. These may be purchased through the Academy bookstore or other retail outlets. Please make sure new laptops meet the following requirements for hardware and software:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher; Mac OSX 10.6 or higher; Ubuntu 12.04 or variants
- Please Note: Devices running Chrome OS are not recommended as Chrome OS is not compatible with the test proctoring software being utilized.
- Processor: 2GHz+ recommended
- Memory: 4GB+ recommended
- Wireless Adapter
- Warranty: 3+ years on-site, next business day with accidental damage coverage recommended
- Antivirus Software with auto-update and active scanning required INCLUDING Mac OSX
- If using wired connections: 25' category 5e/6 network cable
Desktop printers are discouraged
MMA policy prohibits personal wireless APs in the dormitories, the reason for this is that personal APs interfere with the existing wireless signals and thus diminish everyone else's service. Additionally, personal APs create a security vulnerability.
For a free downloadable copy of Microsoft Office please go to the education part of Microsoft.
MMA Service Desk
IT ticketing and information system
For assistance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 508-830-5308 or stop by the Service Desk. We are located on the first floor of the ABSIC Building.
To Put a ticket in or search through our IT knowledge base.
- Email email@example.com
- SIGN IN. Your username is your firstname.lastname@example.org and the password you just created.
- Submit a Incident or Service Request depending on what you are looking for.
- Check on Your Tickets
- Search for the Answer. Search our knowledge base for solutions
- Look through Solutions to view helpful articles and resources.
- IT related Announcements can be found at the top of the page.