Accounts and Equipment
After you've been accepted to Massachusetts Maritime Academy, you will receive an email from the MMA Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your account information. At that time, you will also receive an @maritime.edu email address which will be used as the primary email for correspondence from the Academy.
- Visit My Maritime
- Login with your assigned My Maritime username and temporary password. This is sent to you in an email from email@example.com. Your username should include @maritime.edu. "My Maritime username" + @maritime.edu (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Follow the prompts.
- Going forward, you will be prompted to change your password every 180 days for security reasons.
All students receive an MMA email address, which is your connection to the Academy. This account is used as the primary means of communication from Academy administrators and faculty. Check your MMA email account regularly for updates and information. To activate your MMA email account:
- Go to https://mail.google.com/a/maritime.edu.
- Log in with your full email address, which is your username, email@example.com.
- Your password is your My Maritime password.
All students have unlimited storage in Gmail and Google Drive. To open Drive, click on the icon of 9 dots in the upper right corner and select Drive.
In the event of an emergency on campus, the Academy will contact you via the method you provide in our Emergency Notification System.
- Go to https://www.getrave.com/login/maritime.
- Use your My Maritime username and password.
- Follow the prompts.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy requires all cadets to have a laptop computer, tablet, or other computing device. These may be purchased through the Academy Bookstore or other retail outlets. Please make sure new PCs/laptops/tablets meet the following requirements for hardware and software:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher; Mac OSX 10.6 or higher; Ubuntu 12.04 or variants
- Please Note: Devices running Chrome OS are not recommended as Chrome OS is not compatible with the test proctoring software being utilized.
- Processor: 2GHz+ recommended
- Memory: 4GB+ recommended
- Wireless Adapter
- Warranty: 3+ years on-site, next business day with accidental damage coverage recommended
- Antivirus Software with auto-update and active scanning required INCLUDING Mac OSX
- If using wired connections: 25' category 5e/6 network cable
Personal desktop printers are discouraged.
MMA policy prohibits personal wireless access points in the dormitories. Personal access points can interfere with the existing wireless signals and thus diminish everyone's level of service. Additionally, personal APs create a security vulnerability.
For a free downloadable copy of Microsoft Office, please go to the education part of Microsoft.
For technical assistance, please contact the MMA Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, 508-830-5308 or stop by the Service Desk on the first floor of the ABS building.
To create a Service Desk ticket or search through the Knowledge Base for solutions, go to Service Desk Support. Your username/password is your My Maritime username and password.