For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Important Insurance Information
State law requires that all full and 3/4 time (9 credits per semester) students have health insurance coverage that meets or exceeds the minimum standards as set forth in Massachusetts Law C.15A, s.18 (text available on the http://mass.gov website). State Law requires all registered students attest to comparable coverage or to enroll in the schools student health insurance plan.
CLASS OF 2024: 2020-2021 Health Insurance Info will be posted after June 1, 2020
- If you are currently covered under a comparable health insurance plan, please follow the link to complete the Waiver Form.
- If you do not have health insurance coverage, please follow the link for the Enrollment Form.
- NOTE: If you are subjected to a loss of coverage within the school year, you will need to complete the enrollment form for University Health Plans within 30 days of the qualifying event (loss of coverage).
Please note the following exceptions:
- International Students with foreign based insurance carriers can not waive the Academy provided insurance coverage and MUST enroll in our plan
- Undergraduate students taking less than 9 credits are not eligible for Massachusetts Maritime Academy Student Health Insurance and therefore need not waive.
- Health Safety Net is not considered comparable coverage.
Any Student who fails to submit the appropriate form will be placed on registration hold.