MS Facilities Management
Mission, Outcomes, and Objectives
Master's in Facilities Management
The Facilities Management program within the Graduate School at Massachusetts Maritime Academy seeks to provide professionals with the technical foresight to solve problems and the interpersonal skills to reduce the gap in time between a creative solution and an accepted practice in the field of facilities management.
- The program’s graduates will have a strengthened professional commitment to the field of facilities management.
- The program's graduates will gain the problem-solving capabilities to better manage, people, policies, projects, energy, emergencies, and finance.
- The program's graduates will acquire the knowledge and tools to be successful facility managers in both the public and private sectors of industry.
- Apply leadership and decision-making processes through class-related complex exercises.
- Practice facility management core doctrine including, energy management, project management and space management via simulations and computer applications.
- Achieve team-building, decision-making and leadership skills through case studies.
- Demonstrate individual writing/oral communications skills through written and class presentation assignments.
- Distinguish operational strategies to plan and manage projects.
- Build a professional network of fellow facility management practitioners.