For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Tanker Broker Trainee
Established in April of 2009, True North Chartering has spent the past decade as a leader in the tanker brokerage sector. We pride ourselves on a focus on providing the best possible service, value, and relations to our global client base. We have made our home building deals on all tanker sizes both spot and period, with a diverse group of oil companies, traders and ship owners.
As our new Tanker Broker Trainee in Wilton, CT, you will join a tight-knit team characterized by proactivity, extensive market knowledge and passion for the industry. As the team is relatively small, you will become an integral part of daily social life in the office and we value smile and joy at work.
This is an entry-level position targeting college graduates who possess strong analytical skills, excellent communication, and an upbeat attitude.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Update and maintain vessel position lists
• Assist in obtaining and reviewing pre-fixture documents
• Market research through email review and conversations with brokers, charterers, and owners
• Writing daily and weekly market reports
• Developing client relationships
• Assists in day-to-day general office tasks
• Bachelor’s degree (in a maritime field preferred)
• Committed to building personal relations
• Ability to work both in teams and self-motivated
• Self-driven and resilient with a high customer service focus
• Curious and passionate to learn and develop in a constant changing shipping market
For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to join our brokerage desk upon the completion of a successful training period.