For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Moran Savannah/Brunswick Georgia has an exceptional job opportunity for Engineers. The tug engineer has primary responsibility for the maintenance and operation of all machinery, associated systems, and spaces.
Typical Job Functions Include but are not limited to:
• Uphold Moran’s Safety Management System and perform daily duties in accordance with these procedures.
• Participate in monthly drills and safety meetings
• Perform preventative maintenance on vessel and report discrepancies to vessel Captain and Port Engineer.
• Monthly reporting of fuel and lube consumption.
• Work on deck as required during ship docking and mooring operations
• Maintain engine room in a well-kept and orderly manner
• Serve as Person in Charge for fuel, lube, and bilge transfers
• Manage repairs onboard and procure supplies as required using Moran’s Operating Management System.
• Valid MMC with Engineering License
• Current Medical Card
• Recent graduate of a Maritime academy or relevant experience working on tugboats.
• Ability to stand 6 hours on, 6 hours off watch schedule
Why choose ship assist work with Moran Towing?
• 4,000+ Hp to uphold unlimited hp license
• 1 week on 1 week off even time schedule with knowledge of when you are going to work.
• Ability to manage your own engine room and take pride in what you do.
• Competitive salary and 401k options
• .Job Stability in a very fast pace Georgia Port.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org