For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
After you've been accepted to Mass Maritime, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your account information. At that time, you will receive an @maritime.edu email address that will be used as the primary email for correspondance from the Academy.
As an accepted student, we encourage you to to apply for Financial Aid prior to accepting your offer to become a student. To apply for Financial Aid, you can access the first two steps below.
Step 1: Create your password
Your password is synchronized for the resources you will use on campus.
- Visit https://portalguard.maritime.edu/
- Login with your assigned username and default password. This is sent to you in an email from email@example.com.
- Follow the prompts.
- You will be prompted to change your password every 180 days for security reasons.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for financial aid, students must complete a Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. Priority deadline for incoming students is March 1st. Returning students have a priority deadline of May 1st. The form can be found at www.fafsa.gov.
All students can monitor their financial aid status through the MMA self-service portal.
- Go to https://self-service.maritime.edu/Student
- Click on Login and use your username and password created earlier.
- Access all of your Financial Aid information.
Step 3: Student Email
All students receive an official MMA student email address, which is our official connection to the Academy and your professors. This account is also used as the primary means of communication from Academy administrators and faculty. Check this account regularly for updates and information.
- Go to mail.google.com.
- Log in with your full email address, which is your firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your password is the same password you created earlier.
All students have unlimited storage to Gmail and Google Drive. To open Drive, click on the icon of 9 dots in the upper right corner and select Drive.
Step 4: Emergency Notification System
In the event of an emergency on campus, the Academy will contact you via the method you provide in our Emergency Notification System.
- Go to https://www.getrave.com/login/maritime.
- Use your username and password created earlier.
- Follow the prompts.
Step 5: Health Portal
A medical history must be completed via the the Online Student Health portal (OSH).
- Go to the Health Portal
- Login using your Portal Guard username and password created earlier.
- You have two sections to complete: Forms and Immunizations.
Step 6: Equipment Requirements
Massachusetts Maritime Academy requires that all cadets have a laptop computer, tablet, or other computing device. Refer to the Laptop Specifications page for details.