For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
The Operations Division continues to oversee tactical and strategic initiatives for the departments of Camps & Conferences, Operations & Maintenance (formerly Facilities), Public Safety, Marine Department and Marine Projects. The division continues to improve practices, update policies (divisional and campus-wide) to enhance the culture of the Academy.
The Operations Division is responsible for major deferred maintenance and capital projects and carries out those missions with the philosophy of building a robust sustainability program and investing in renewable energy on campus. Not only is the investment in renewable energies saving to the Academy, it also serves the purpose to provide hands-on training for our student body.
Please view our Centre for Renewable & Reusable Energy Video.
The division also serves as the liaison for the Town of Bourne to enhance collaboration and community projects.
The Division continues to work closely with the Division of Capital Assets Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) and the Massachusetts State College Building Authority (MSCBA) to execute projects and thereby improve campus life.
- Marina Floating Dock System
- Softball field - new artificial infield turf, new scoreboard, and lights
- Football field - new artificial turf and logos
- Baseball field - new logo
- 3rd & 5th Company roof replacement
- Buccaneer Way (Bay State Road) - walkway
- Expansion of Kitchen - 1600 sf of new space and the renovation of the kitchen and bakery
- Nantucket Way - paving and loading dock
- Trainer Suite - A/C unit
- Bresnahan Atrium - Work at Height Training Ladders/Platform System
Projects ongoing or design phase
- 320 Main Street Renovations
- Academy Drive - parking islands
- Cutaway Training Boiler