For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
The Chief Engineer is a hands-on position and responsible for a 300,000 sf multi-tenant first class commercial office building. This role is responsible for supervising the engineering department staff and its activities. Duties include, but are not limited to, the operation, installation, repair, maintenance, and improvement of all building structures and equipment including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and life safety, etc. This position reports directly to the Sr. Property Manager.
LOCATION: Boston, MA (Financial District)
• Plan and supervise the implementation of all preventative maintenance and repair programs and operations.
• Provide hands on training, technical support & direction to the maintenance staff in all areas of electric systems, mechanical systems,
building operations, and safety procedures.
• Inspect equipment to ensure that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with manufacturer’s and company standards.
• Manage, monitor & control building energy consumption. Prior experience using Metasys EMS is required.
• Understanding and expertise of heat pump systems is required.
• Develop plans and procedures for controlling, labeling, recording estimated life expectancy, maintenance & inspecting all capital and non-
capital equipment within the building.
• Direct and coordinate all building projects.
• Ensure that general safety, fire prevention regulations, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the building.
• Perform tenant service calls and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
• Set & maintain professional work environment with staff. Ensure standards of customer service and commitment.
• Interact and coordinate with suppliers and contractors to ensure compliance with building standards and regulations.
• Oversee and participate in a 7x24 emergency on-call program.
• Collaborate with the management staff on all the above duties.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
• Regular use of various machinery and tools used in a general building maintenance environment.
• Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with
temperature ranges both while working outside and inside. Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
• Minimum of 7 years related hands on and supervisory experience.
• Must have MA State HVAC or Engineer license. Universal level refrigerant recovery license (608) also required. Knowledge of chillers,
cooling towers, boilers, pneumatics, RTU, heat pumps, duct work installation and energy management systems as well as plumbing,
electrical, fire & life safety skills.
• Effective communication skills, customer service skills, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
• Applicant must have a valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
• Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office programs essential.
Commensurate with experience. Includes profit sharing and year-end bonus program.
Farley White Management Company is a regional owner and operator of 1st class commercial real estate operating over 4 million SF of property in MA, NH & FL. Farley White offers excellent benefits including health, dental and flexible savings plans, IRA with company match program, short- & long-term disability & life insurance. Employee Profit Sharing and Year End Bonus programs included in addition to competitive wages.
For more information about Farley White visit https://www.farleywhite.com/