For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Phigenics is seeking a highly motivated sales professional to be a part of an entrepreneurial company that provides solutions for safer, more efficient and more cost-effective facility water systems. This Account Manager must bring a consultative sales approach and a willingness to build new relationships in the growing NY region. The ability to educate facility managers and business owners on the technical details and the ability to identify, deliver and communicate value will be key to success in this role.
The Account Manager (AM) will report to the Regional Manager. The AM will need to be able to work autonomously in many different situations and will be responsible for all sales efforts, design, implementation, and maintenance of Phigenics services. The AM will have expert technical knowledge to service client accounts as the technical expert in the delivery of Phigenics Independent Water Management services. This position will require knowledges of facilities, utilities, chemistry, and microbiology, as they relate to the safety and sustainable (green) management of water in buildings.
• Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
• Must have exceptionally strong communication, negotiation, presentation and training skills
• Manage all sales activities in the assigned region; identify new clients; support existing clients; provide monthly/yearly sales forecasts
• Must have a strong working knowledge of building water systems and water treatment equipment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in science, engineering, or mathematics is required. Chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, environmental engineering, chemistry, biochemistry or microbiology preferred.
• 1-7 years of water related experience working in commercial/industrial markets; water-related experience in engineering or the sciences is preferred.
• Must have organizational, planning, and technical/mechanical problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional presentation and negotiation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain relationships with cross-functional team members
• 50% Travel required