Federal Student Emergency Fund
Massachusetts Maritime Academy was awarded some additional Emergency Relief Grant Funding for students under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA). The full grant was for $1,739,892 and MMA is required to offer at least $621,345 to students in the form of an emergency grant.
Eligibility for this HEERF II grant was revised slightly from the previous grant. Priority must be given to students with exceptional need as demonstrated through the FAFSA. Additionally, students who don’t qualify for financial aid or who did not file a FAFSA can also receive funds under this grant program.
- Enrolled, Spring, 2021
- As of 4/8/21 enrolled in at least 12 credits (undergraduate students) and 3 credits (graduate students)
- 1405 students identified
- Grant Amounts
- $750 high need students based on FAFSA
- $500 mid level need based on FAFSA
- $300 Low/No need based on FAFSA and anyone without a FAFSA on file
- Recipients notified via email