For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Printing & Copying
Printing from your personal computer in the ABSIC
Printing from your MMA computer
1. Print a document from your computer. From your PC, print your document as you normally would do (usually select File >> Print from your program). Your default printer should be FollowBW. If it is not, you will need to choose FollowBW as your printer.
2. Select your print job from a Ricoh Printer. Go to a Ricoh printer. Tap your MMA ID card on the card reader located on the top of the printer OR login manually with your Portalguard username and password. If this is your first time using your ID at a printer, you will need to enter your Portal Guard username and password and click "Login". After this initial set-up, you will only need to tap your card and your account will be displayed. If you need help with this initial set up, please see the Help Desk in ABSIC.
Select the “Follow-You Printing” button and choose the document(s) you want to print. Any documents left in your queue, will be deleted after 24 hours.
3. To scan a document to your email:
Place the document you want to scan in the printer. Tap your MMA ID card on the card reader located on the top of the printer OR login manually with your Portalguard username and password. Select the Scan-to-Me button.
4. To make copies:
Place your document(s) in the feeder or on the glass of the printer. Tap your MMA ID card on the card reader located on the top of the printer OR login manually with your Portalguard username and password. Select the copy button on the printer.
Printing from public computers
You can print from desktops in the dorms and the IC after logging into a computer with your Portal Guard username and password. Send your print jobs to the default printer (FollowBW). Be sure to log out of your account when you're done. When you're ready to print, choose the printer you'd like to use and swipe your card. Your jobs will be listed and you can release them. Print jobs are stored for 24 hours on this system.
If you have never used this system, you will need to enroll. To enroll:
- Use your Portal Guard username and password to log in to one of the desktop computers on campus.
- Send a document to the default printer (FollowBW)
- Register your Maritime ID card at the 1st deck of the IC; the Help Desk staff can assist you with this process
- From now on you can swipe your ID card at any of the dorm or ABS printers to release your print jobs
Large Print and Copy Jobs
Faculty and Staff are able to send large print jobs to Fedex. You can use this request form to have FedEx do the printing for you or email the job to email@example.com with any extra comments (eg three hole punch etc). Generally Fedex sends print jobs back with a 48 hour guarantee.