Instruct college-level courses in Marine Engineering. Preferred specializations include one or more of the following: Instrumentation and Controls, High Voltage Diesel Electric Propulsion Systems, Electrical Engineering, Shipboard Engineering Systems (including Steam, Motor & Gas Turbine) and/or Auxiliary Systems. The successful candidate will have the capability to teach cadets in a variety of courses dependent on specialty area, but could include: Operational Controls, Electrical Power Distribution Systems, and/or Electrical Equipment Systems. This fulltime faculty member will also advise, mentor and guide cadets on individual plans of study and progress toward degree completion. As a member of the Professional Maritime faculty, the selectee will also sail aboard the Training Ship Kennedy on alternating years in a 2-month winter Sea Term experience and participate in random drug testing.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Masters Preferred
- Hold a Second Assistant Engineering any horsepower license with current Standard of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW) qualifications; Upper level licenses preferred.
- Have at least three years of full-time experience in teaching at an accredited institution of higher learning, or have five years of service in a professional maritime field time (or a combination thereof)
- Possess an understanding of teaching and advising processes and the application of teaching and advising in the university setting
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communications skills
- Have proficient computer skills
- Understand the unique mission of the University as a Maritime Academy
Academic rank of the successful candidate is determined by licensure, academic background and experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment link on our website: www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be saved, attached, and sent electronically to email@example.com. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Applicants selected for interview must submit original transcripts and be prepared to deliver a fifteen minute presentation on a relevant topic. Finalist must complete a pre-employment physical, drug screening, background check, and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.