: The Assistant Director for Admissions, Coordinator of Community Partnerships will fill an integral role within the Division of Enrollment Management, Equity, and Inclusion as a part of a counselor team who recruit and enroll prospective students to Massachusetts Maritime Academy. This position’s unique focus involves fostering positive and productive relationships with community-based organizations, outside groups, and MA gateway communities to promote access and opportunity at the Academy. The Assistant Director will work with campus partners including the Office of Intercultural Engagement to design, implement, and develop community outreach programs. This position will also respond to community and external inquiries for prospective students and organizations interested in the Academy.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, nurture and create new relationships with Community based organizations, feeder schools, professional organizations that support the recruitment of excellent students from diverse backgrounds and the industries we serve.
- Develops and implements strategic plans for outreach to diverse communities
- Attend College and/or Community partnership meetings to stay informed about the college-community connection. Maintain open lines of communication with community agencies regarding their ongoing/evolving needs and possible opportunities for campus-community interaction.
- Work with students and the Office of Intercultural Engagement on planning campus/community events, including, and other leadership development opportunities
- Responsible for collection and collation of materials necessary for the assessment of applications.
- Read applications, evaluate eligibility, and make recommendations on student applications from assigned geographic territories and including international applicants
- Recruitment efforts involve travel within the US and internationally for recruitment events and Community Events
- Work closely with the Office of Intercultural Engagement to create/promote/execute retention efforts for students
- Work with other staff members directly to support recruitment efforts of diverse students to the Academy
- Assist with the transition of enrolled students that will participate within the mentoring/student support program- S.A.L.T (Supportive Approaches to Learning Together) Program
- Assess and revise programming based on success metrics (attendance, enrollment goals, etc.,)
- Help develop/review marketing materials to promote the Academy.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required. One (1) to three (3) years professional experience in Admissions or related field.
- Passionate about maintaining professional relationships with multiple constituencies both on and off-campus, as well prospective students and families.
- Ability to travel within the United States and possibly abroad. Ability to drive a vehicle. Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to speak publicly in front of small and large audiences.
- Skill and sensitivity of issues on diversity, equity, and inclusion as they affect the college admissions process, a demonstrated commitment to building a strong and diverse applicant pool, and an awareness of how systemic economic and racial inequity in students' secondary school backgrounds impacts their application to college.
- Maintain a standard of admissions ethics
- Ability to work at a fast pace in a multi-faceted environment. General knowledge of Microsoft Office suite as well as data base management systems. Strong team-oriented attitude.
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Business, Psychology, Sociology or related field preferred.
- Linguistic Fluency or proficiency in an additional language(s), both oral and written (i.e. Spanish, Portuguese, Creole, or Mandarin Chinese)
- Experience in community engagement and outreach strategy and facilitation
- Previous experience reading international applications preferred
Basic knowledge of the US immigration system and SEVIS preferred.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 19 August 2022 Priority Review; Open Until Filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume, an MMA application, Affirmative Action form, and the contact information of five (5) professional references. These forms are located on the employment opportunities link under Human Resources on the MMA website www.maritime.edu. Application materials may be attached and sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may send your application materials by USPS to: Human Resources, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, 101 Academy Drive, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532. Finalists must complete a pre-employment drug screening, background check, and COVID-19 vaccine verification.
Massachusetts Maritime Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage members from historically underrepresented communities, women and veterans to apply.