For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Transfer Student Bump up Policy
For a transfer student to bump up from 4/C to 3/C, (s)he must meet all of the following requirements:
- Complete Fall semester at MMA
- Complete Sea Term I or Experiential Learning (if required by major)
- Transfer credits + MMA credits + Winter requirement must total at least
- 51 credits for Marine Transportation/Marine Engineers
- 48 credits for Marine Safety & Environmental Protection/Emergency Management
- 45 credits for International Maritime Business/Facilities Engineers/Energy System Engineers
- Completed English Composition I
- Completed Algebra/ Trigonometry
- Completed Chemistry I
- Have a minimum CGPA of 1.8
The registrar automatically reviews all 4/C transfer students for the possibility of bumping up during the winter term. No action is needed by the student. Questions regarding bumping up can be sent to Danielle Bumpus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-830-5027.