For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Student Accounts & Billing
Students access their e-Bills through WebAdvisor where you may:
- Receive email notifications as bills arrive.
- View current account activity and billing history in real time.
- Make payments online using credit card or electronic check.
- Sign up for electronic refunds to be directly deposited into your checking or savings account when the credit becomes available.
Students are also able to invite additional parties to access their account information by selecting the “Authorized Users” link in the right navigation bar and entering the individual’s name and email address. A system generated email notification will be sent that includes a link and temporary password. Once invited, parents can access their student's account through the Parent Billing Portal located on the left hand side under the BizOffice Links.
If you need help accessing WebAdvisor, please contact the MMA Helpdesk by filling out a ticket online, emailing Helpdesk@maritime.edu or calling (508)-830-5308. Once logged into WebAdvisor, students will see a link to “view account and make payments” under the “financial information” tab.
Tuition Payment Plan
Students and families are now able to sign up for MMA’s tuition payment plan. The plan can be accessed through your student account within WebAdvisor. It will allow you to have direct withdrawal payments deducted on a monthly basis from your checking or savings account, which will be reflected on your student account immediately. These payments are calculated per term based on your actual charges, less any scholarships, grants or loans administered through MMA. Additionally, the plan will recalculate your payments should any outside funds be received, or any additional charges are applied and posted to the account.
Tuition and fees are due 30 days before the start of each semester! Payment, payment plan, or certified financial aid must be in place by that date to avoid late fees.
- Credit card: MMA accepts Discover, Visa, and MasterCard. Due to security requirements credit card payments can only be made online through PayPath. MMA is not allowed to take credit card information in person or over the phone. A 2.75% convenience fee ($3.00 Minimum for $109 payment or less) is charged and retained by PayPath for each transaction.
- Electronic check: Electronic check payments are available, without assessment of any fee.
- Alternative payment methods: Although we encourage you to take advantage of our online services, MMA’s Business Office accepts payment by cash or check in person (during regular business hours) and through the mail (checks only):
Massachusetts Maritime Academy
Attn: Student Accounts
101 Academy Drive
Buzzards Bay, MA 02532
Important Insurance Information
State law requires that all full and 3/4 time students have health insurance coverage that meets or exceeds the minimum standards as set forth in Massachusetts Law C.15A, s.18 (text available on the http://mass.gov website). State Law requires all registered students attest to comparable coverage or to enroll in the schools student health insurance plan
- Please log into Webadvisor and complete the Emergency Contact & Health Insurance Information form.
- Provide one Emergency Contact.
- Please complete one of the following:
- If you are currently covered under a comparable health insurance plan, please provide your current Insurance provider and subscriber information. Complete all fields for each provider and subscriber.
- If you do not have health insurance coverage, select the link to purchase school insurance and complete the enrollment form for University Health Plans.
- NOTE: If you are subjected to a loss of coverage within the school year, you will need to complete the enrollment form for University Health Plans within 30 days of the qualifying event (loss of coverage).
- Select link and log into our Emergency Notification System and provide a current phone number to allow emergency notifications to be sent to your phone.
Please note the following students are not eligible to waiver coverage:
- International Students with foreign based insurance carriers must purchase Massachusetts Maritime Academy Student Health Insurance and may not waive.
- Undergraduate students taking less than 9 credits are not eligible for Massachusetts Maritime Academy Student Health Insurance and therefore need not waive.
- Health Safety Net is not considered comparable coverage.
- Students with Travel Insurance.
Any Student who fails to submit the appropriate form will be placed on registration hold.
Future updates and guidelines will be sent via MMA student email, and posted to MMA’s Student Accounts webpage. Feel free to contact us at now or in the future at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. For answers to general questions regarding your account, please contact the Business Office during the hours of 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday.