For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Senior Deck Licensing
*Links on this page are accessible by students and staff logged in to the maritime.edu domain with your MMA credentials.
Third Mate Application to License Forms & Personal Documents required:
1. A completedCG-719B form pre-filled application for a Third Mate, OICNW, license. Download the form, save to your desktop, fill in all of the required personal information, print out and sign your name.
2. A single copy of your previously held MMC document, if applicable. (ex. Launch Tender, 25, 50, or 100 - Ton, etc.,)
3. Only if applicable, the signed CG-719 C form, if you are reporting drug use or conviction(s). Only if "YES" is in Section III of CG-719B form has been checked off for reporting drug use or conviction(s).
4. A single copy of your TWIC (both sides of your TWIC card) or a single copy of the receipt.
5. A single copy of your U.S. Passport.
7. The completed CG-719K form OR a single copy of your valid Medical Certificate. Your Medical Certificate must be valid during the evaluation process of your application. You may have your own doctor complete your physical or make an appointment with our health services. Our Health Services team will send out information to you on sign-ups for appointment times in the fall and spring. If MMA Health Services completes your physical, they will forward it to the Mariner Credentialing office. If you go to your own doctor, you must provide our office with the original completed form. This completed CG-719 form is required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
For the CG-719B application, you are to type in all of your personal information you can, print out, single-sided, sign your name where indicated, and date the form. All of the completed CG forms to be completed and copies of your personal documents, Pay.Gov receipt for $ 255.00 for your Senior Deck license application are to be submitted to the Mariner Credentialing office paperclipped together before or on the due date.
For a PDF verison, License Application Checklist