For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Senior Deck Licensing
Links on this page are accessible by students and staff logged in to the maritime.edu domain.
All Marine Transportation cadets applying for their Third Mate, 3M/OICNW, license are required to complete the Kickoff Questionnaire: License (personal information form). This is the first step in the senior licensing process to apply to be approved to test for the USCG exams. This information will be used only by the Mariner Credentialing office to assist you with the licensing process.
Graduating Senior Deck Application Forms and Personal Documents required:
1. A completed 3M/OICNW pre-filled form (CG 719B). Download the form, save to your desktop, fill in, print out and SIGN your NAME. Instructions to complete license application.
2. A single copy of any previously held MMC document.
3. Only if applicable, the signed 719-C form, if you are reporting drug use or convictions. Only if "YES" is in Section III of CG-719B Form has been checked off for reporting drug use or convictions
4. A single copy of your TWIC (both sides of your TWIC card) or a single copy of the receipt.
5. A single copy of your U.S. Passport.
6. A single copy of your Pay.gov payment receipt for $255.00. Pay all fees to the USCG on-line. See detailed Pay.gov Instructions for $255.00 fee provided for your senior license application.
7. The completed CG-719K physical form OR a single copy of your valid Medical Certificate. You may have your own doctor complete your physical or make an appointment with our health services. Our Health Services team will send out information to you on sign-ups for appointment times in the fall and spring. If MMA Health Services completes your physical, they will forward it to the Mariner Credentialing office. If you go to your own doctor, you must provide our office with the original completed form. This completed form is required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
For the application, you are to type in all the answers you can and print out, single-sided, SIGN your application and date the form. The CG forms to be completed for your Senior Deck application are to be submitted to the Mariner Credentialing office in a manilla envelope (not a folder). Print your name in the upper right hand corner of the front of the envelope, LAST name, First name.