For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Post- Completion OPT Application Checklist & Instructions:
Summit the following items to the Office of Inclusive Excellence and International Programs
- Attend an OPT Workshop and submit a prove of attendance - prove of attendance stub will be given at the workshop.
- Completed Optional Practical Training Request Form - The Optional Practical Training Request Form will be given at the workshop.
- Completed Form I-765 (original) – You must download this from www.uscis.gov and type the information. Consult I-765 Completion Guide for assistance.
- Personal Check or Money Order for $410 payable to “US Department of Homeland Security.” Please write “for OPT” on the memo line and your name and SEVIS I.D. # on the top of the check.
- Two (2) U.S. Stype Passport photos – photos must be placed in a small envelope. Please write your name on the back of the photos and on the envelope. For more information about the required photo visit: http//www.usvisanews.com/uscisphoto/guide.pdf (You can get these photos at CVS or Walgreens too.)
- Copy of I-94 (front and back of I-94 card (white card in passport) OR download and print a copy
- Copy of US Visa Stamp
- Copy of Your Passport I.D. Pages – showing name, photo, passport #, date of birth, passport expiration and /or renewal dates (No additional pages required).
- Copies of all previous forms I-20 (pages 1&3) - from all schools you have attended in the U.S. (if you are missing some, you must request copies from the school(s) you attended. If the no longer have them, you must get a letter from a school official confirmation your attendance dates and if you engaged in CPT or OPT while there.)
- Copy of previously issued EAD card - (if you have previously done a period of OPT)
- Completed E-Notification form (G-1145) - (Last Name, First Name, Email, cell Phone #)
- Signed copy of OPT statement of understanding - The OPT Statement of Understanding will be given at the workshop.
Within five (5) business days after submission, you will receive an email that your OPT Application Packet has been accepted. You may pick-up your packet five (5) days AFTER that email. The pick-up date will be included in the confirmation email. Emails to the Multicultural and International Affairs Office to inquire about the readiness will delay OPT application processing. OPT Applications are processed in the order they are received.
Picking up Your Approved OPT Application
In your OPT Application Packet you will find an OPT-endorsed I-20 – make a copy of this I-20 and include this in the packet (you keep the original). USCIS must receive this I-20 no later than 30 days after the date the I-20 was processed.
Mailing Your OPT Application
When you have everything in your OPT application packet, you must send the packet via certified mail to either of these addresses.
For United States Postal Service: USCIS, PO Box 660867, Dallas TX 75266
For any Private Courier Service (FedEx, UPS, etc.): USCIS, Attn: AOS, 2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business Suite 400, Lewisville, TX 75067