For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Non License Students - MMC Instructions
Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC)
Student in our non license majors, IMBU, ESE, MSEP, FENV, and EM, will find the list of required personal documents and forms below to appply for a Merchant Mariner Credential.
All copies of personal documents and forms are to be done on 8 x 11 paper. Do not put more than one item on a sheet. Do not staple. The copies will be used for your application to submit to the USCG. *Put copier on lighter; the pictures and words must be light enough for identification purposes, and to be scanned**.
1. (1) copy of your TWIC card, front & back of card on one sheet of paper or (1) copy of the receipt. How to Get a TWIC
2. (1) copy of your Pay.gov payment receipt for the fee of $140.00. Pay.gov Instructions Non License
IMPORTANT: The receipt screen should be printed and must be submitted with your package as proof of payment/tracking purposes. We cannot submit your application without payment.
3. The MMC application form CG-719B form . Download the form, save to your desktop, fill in, and print out, SIGN your name and date the form.
4. The signed CG 719C- form, only if you are reporting drug use or convictions (if you answered yes in Section III on the MMC application), skip this step if not applicable.
5. The completed CG-719-K/E physical exam form. (If MMA HS completes your physical, they will forward it to the MC office). Download and print out the CG-719K/E form, to be completed by your doctor or our health services staff. This completed form is required. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you go to your own doctor, you must bring the completed form to the MC office.
6. (1) copy of your passport, *put copier on lighter, copies must be able to be scanned.
7. DOT/USCG Periodic Drug Testing Form CG-719P form – completed & with results; signed by you and the physician. The Mariner Credentialing office will provide a Drug Free Letter if you’re a regimental cadet/Maritime student within the previous six months of credential application.
8. Your completed MMC Personal Information Sheet. To be used by the Mariner Credentialing office, only, to assist you with your credentialing process.
Put your completed MMC application, personal document copies, physical form (if you had your own doctor complete it) and Pay.gov receipt for $140.00 in order with a paper clip or in a file folder.
Bring to the Mariner Credentialing office, (2nd flr., Harrington Bldg., near Admirals Hall). We will submit your completed MMC application electronically to the REC Boston for evaluation.
Put your application and documents in the following order:
- MMC Personal Information Sheet
- CG - 719B Form – Completed (MMC Application)
- A single copy of your TWIC
- A single copy of your passport
- Conviction Defined – CG-719C Form – If Applicable
- Drug Test – Results of test if not enrolled in Random Drug Program (CG-719P form); if enrolled in random program at MMA, a Drug Free letter will be provided by Mariner Credentialing Office
- CG-719K/E Physical Form-(2) Pages completed
- Pay.gov receipt for the $140.00 Fee