Non License Students - MMC Instructions

Non License Students - Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) Instructions

Student in our non license majors, IMBU, ESE, MSEP, FENV, and EM, will find the list of required personal documents and forms below to appply for a Merchant Mariner Credential. Follow each link to the appropriate forms and instructions. 
All copies of personal documents and forms are to be done on 8 x 11 paper.  Do not put more than one item on a sheet.  Do not staple.  The copies will be used for your application to submit to the USCG. *Put copier on lighter; the pictures and words must be light enough for identification purposes, and to be scanned/faxed**.

1.  (1) copy of your TWIC card, front & back of card on one sheet of paper or (1) copy of the receipt.  How to Get a TWIC. 

2.  (1) copy of your payment receipt for the fee of $140.00. Instructions Non License
IMPORTANT: The receipt screen should be printed and must be submitted with your package as proof of payment/tracking purposes.  See the detailed instructions provided for your application.

3.  The MMC application form (CG 719-B).  Download the form, save to your desktop, fill in, and print out, sign your name and date the form. Instructions: Non License MMC

4.  The signed 719-C form, only if you are reporting drug use or convictions (if you answered yes in Section III on the MMC application), skip this step if not applicable.

5.  The completed CG-719-K/E physical exam form. (If MMA HS completes your physical, they will forward it to the MC office).  Download and print out the CG-719K/E form, to be completed by your doctor or our health services staff.  This completed form is required.  NO EXCEPTIONS. If you go to your own doctor, you must bring the completed form to the MC office.

6.  (1)  copy of your passport, *put copier on lighter, copies must be able to be scanned/faxed*.

7.  DOT/USCG Periodic Drug Testing Form (CG-719P) – completed & with results; signed by you and the physician.   The Mariner Credentialing office will provide a Drug Free Letter if you’re a regimental cadet/Maritime student within the previous six months of credential application.

8. Your completed MMC Personal Information Sheet.  To be used by the Mariner Credentialing office, only, to assist you with your credentialing process.

Submit these additional items in the envelope behind everything else:

  • (1) additional copy of your TWIC,
  • (1) copy of your Permanent Resident Alien Card (if applicable)
  • (1) copy of your payment receipt for the $140

Submit the application package in the manila envelope to Mariner Credentialing Office (2nd flr., Harrington Bldg., near Admirals Hall).

The list below is what your Merchant Mariner Credential application packet must include:

  • MMC Personal Information Sheet
  • CG - 719B Form – Completed  (MMC Application)
  • Front and back copies of TWIC
  • Passport – (2) Copies
  • Conviction Defined – CG-719C Form – If Applicable
  • Drug Test – Results of test if not enrolled in Random Drug Program (CG-719P form); if enrolled in random program at MMA, a Drug Free letter will be provided by Mariner Credentialing Office.
  • CG-719K-E Physical Form-(2) Page completed