For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Maritime & Admiralty Law
Use Databases to Find Journal Articles
Search through all of our databases simultaneously.
|Academic Search Premier
An EBSCO database.
For newspapers, business and law.
|Homeland Security Digital Library
Legal resources from federal, state, tribal, local and international government agencies, professional organizations, think tanks and academic institutions.
Books in the MMA Library
- Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage. Gunasekera, Dan Malika Peter Lang (Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften, 2011)
- Freight Forwarding and Multi Modal Transport Contracts (2nd Edition). Glass, David (Taylor & Francis, 2013)
- Law of Yachts and Yachting. Coles, Richard Lorenzon, Filippo (Taylor & Francis, 2013)
- Maritime Fraud and Piracy (2nd Edition). Todd, Paul (Taylor & Francis, 2010)
- Maritime Law (3rd Edition). Baatz, Yvonne (Taylor and Francis, 2014)
- Modern Maritime Law and Risk Management (2nd Edition). Mandaraka-Sheppard, Aleka (Taylor & Francis, 2014)
- Modern Maritime Law, Volume 1 : Jurisdiction and Risks (3rd Edition). Mandaraka-Sheppard, Aleka (Routledge, 2013)
- Modern Maritime Law, Volume 2 : Managing Risks and Liabilities (3rd Edition). Mandaraka-Sheppard, Aleka (Routledge, 2013)
- Offshore Contracts and Liabilities. Soyer, Baris & Tettenborn, Andrew (Taylor & Francis, 2014)
- War, Terror and Carriage by Sea. Michel, Keith (Routledge, 2013)
Books in the MMA Library's Print Collection
- Admiralty and Maritime Law, 5th ed. Schoenbaum, Thomas J. (West, 2012). Call No: KF 1104 .S636 2012 [On Reserve]
- Admiralty Law in a Nutshell, 6th ed. Maraist, Frank L. (Thomson West, 2010). Call No: KF 1105 .M34 2010
- Benedict on Admiralty. Jhirad, Elijah E & Sann, Alexander (West, 1958-). Call No: KF 1104 .B4 [Up-to-Date, Multi-volume set]
- Law of the Sea in a Nutshell, 2nd ed. Sohn, Louis B. & Gustafsen, Kristen (West, 2010). Call No: KF 1104 .S64 2010
- Admiralty Law Guide. Includes over 1,500 annotated links to admiralty law resources, case digests, opinions and international maritime conventions.
- How to Brief a Case - John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- International Maritime Organization (IMO). International treaties, protocols and conventions.
- Legal Information Institute (LII) - Cornell University. Compilation of law-related materials on the Internet.
- Maritime Law: Guide to Admiralty Law. Provides links to current articles, U.S. law, and international law.
- WashLaw's Admiralty & Maritime Law. Compilation of law-related materials on the Internet.
|Avoid Plagiarism - Cite Your Sources|
|Introduction to Basic Legal Citation
By the Legal Information Institute, Cornell University
|Knight Cite - MLA, APA & Chicago Styles A free citation maker from Calvin College|
Use for help citing your research paper.
Free Document Delivery
|If you need a book or journal article we do not have in print or online, fill out the form:
For a book click here
For a journal article click here
We'll get your research materials from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery. There is no charge to MMA affiliates for this service.
Get Research Help
|Ask a Librarian||Susan Berteaux, 508.830.5035|
|Contact the Main Library Help Desk||Call: 508-830-5308
Open a ticket: online