For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Maritime & Admiralty Law
|Search through all library resources, simultaneously.|
Use Databases to Find Scholarly Journal Articles
|Academic Search Premier
An EBSCO database.
|Nexis Uni (a.k.a. Lexis Nexis)
For newspapers, business and law.
|Homeland Security Digital Library
Legal resources from federal, state, tribal, local and international government agencies, professional organizations, think tanks and academic institutions.
Books in the MMA Library
Books in the MMA Library's Print Collection
- Admiralty and Maritime Law, 5th ed. Schoenbaum, Thomas J. (West, 2012). Call No: KF 1104 .S636 2012 [On Reserve]
- Admiralty Law in a Nutshell, 6th ed. Maraist, Frank L. (Thomson West, 2010). Call No: KF 1105 .M34 2010
- Benedict on Admiralty. Jhirad, Elijah E & Sann, Alexander (West, 1958-). Call No: KF 1104 .B4 [Up-to-Date, Multi-volume set]
- Law of the Sea in a Nutshell, 2nd ed. Sohn, Louis B. & Gustafsen, Kristen (West, 2010). Call No: KF 1104 .S64 2010
- Admiralty Law Guide. Includes over 1,500 annotated links to admiralty law resources, case digests, opinions and international maritime conventions.
- How to Brief a Case - John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- International Maritime Organization (IMO). International treaties, protocols and conventions.
- Legal Information Institute (LII) - Cornell University. Compilation of law-related materials on the Internet.
- Maritime Law: Guide to Admiralty Law. Provides links to current articles, U.S. law, and international law.
- WashLaw's Admiralty & Maritime Law. Compilation of law-related materials on the Internet.
|Avoid Plagiarism - Cite Your Sources|
|Introduction to Basic Legal Citation
By the Legal Information Institute, Cornell University
|Knight Cite - MLA, APA & Chicago Styles A free citation maker from Calvin College|
Use for help citing your research paper.
Free Document Delivery
|If you need a book or journal article we do not have in print or online, fill out the form:
For a book click here
For a journal article click here
We'll get your research materials from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery. There is no charge to MMA affiliates for this service.
Get Research Help
|Ask a Librarian||Susan Berteaux, 508.830.5035|
|Contact the Main Library Help Desk||Call: 508-830-5308
Open a ticket: online