For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Thermal Generation/Advisory Engineer, Westwood MA
Mott MacDonald in Westwood seeks an experienced thermal generation engineer (5-10+ years) for our Westwood office
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development consultancy. We’re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180 principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
The Boston thermal generation and advisory group is seeking individuals defined below for join our team as a Mechanical Staff Engineer.
The successful candidate will work in a variety of roles within a project teams of varying sizes. Assignments will include both thermal generation (power) design and advisory services, from conceptual design thru commercial operations. A client focused perspective is critical, and the successful candidate will be comfortable working directly with the client and within a supporting role of a larger team. Our Client list include financial institutions, project developers, utilities, investors, construction firms and other project stakeholders.
This is a role that will utilize a diverse set of skills and the initiative to rise to a challenge.
The successful candidate:
1. Will possess a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering or relevant science subject. ABET accreditation and EIT certification preferred; 5 to 10+ years’ experience.
2. Excellent communication, organizational and analytical problem-solving skills; Attention to detail with a thorough approach is essential;
3. Strong technical skills related to thermal generation processes. Preferred candidate will have some familiarity with combustion turbines, boilers, heat recovery steam generators, steam turbines, generators, pumps, piping systems, heat exchangers and control systems. Working familiarity with industry codes is valued;
4. Comprehensive technical writing skills. Work products will be wide ranging and include advisory reports, correspondence, specifications, technical documentation and calculations;
5. Flexible work style with experience working in multidisciplinary projects such as thermal generation, fuel cells, renewable generation, LNG processes, etc. Exposure to permitting and environmental issues a plus. Candidate will be able to communicate/coordinate effectively with all disciplines, including electrical, controls and civil/structural;
6. Able to function in multiple phases of project life cycle including conceptual development, detail design and construction support/oversight;
7. Candidate will have CAD skill, strong command of Microsoft Office. Experience with mass and materials balance or scheduling software is valued;
8. Willing to participate in activities related to business development, marketing presentations, project controls, cost analysis and control, change control and project progress and performance;
9. Occasional short duration travel will be required as necessary to support project needs.