For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
As a subject matter expert this is accountable for the development, coordinating and implementing Health & Safety (H&S) training for Region staff within the defined territory. Participate in compliance inspections, and system expectations to completion. Accountable to comply and assist the Region team with safety initiatives and safety culture improvement efforts.
Here's what YOU will do:
• Area of responsible is primarily assets located in New Jersey through Maine. H&S support outside this territory may be expected occasionally or as need arises.
• Participate in H&S training.
• Collaborate with operations to ensure compliance to programs.
• Contribute daily to the safe, responsible, reliable and efficient operations of the GTM assets.
• Collaborate with team members and other resources to ensure assigned activities are completed safely, on time and continuously look for ways to improve the efficiency of your work.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of safety performance in support of Enbridge’s corporate vision.
• Responsible for achievement of H&S Objectives and Goals.
Who YOU are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or science-based discipline
• 3-5 years experience with primary responsibility for Health & Safety compliance/improvement.
• Ability to work in a self guided, independent environment, managing multiple tasks.
• Hold or able to attain &hold certification for Asbestos Coordinator
• Ability to comprehend diverse regulatory, scientific and technical issues, and the ability to communicate, orally and written, to a wide variety of people, including employees, management, regulatory agencies, and the public.
• Must be able to work independently
• Valid driver license required.