For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Project Engineer, Project Manager
42 North Solutions is an MMA alum-owned technical service provider in the technology industry with a focus on the life-sciences. Many of our recent hires have been Facility and Marine Engineers with applicable work experience looking to transition into the life sciences industry.
We are currently searching for proactive and mechanically inclined Project Engineers and Managers to join our team for upcoming projects in the Boston/Metro-West areas. The ideal candidate has experience with general biopharmaceutical manufacturing equipment, processes, and a good understanding of cGMP (preferred, but not mandatory). In addition to work experience, 42 North Solutions is also looking for individuals who possess a positive attitude and collaborative approach to working on teams.
• Collaborate with team members and contractors during the project execution ensuring all work carried out by them is within the requirements of the overall project.
• Lead/assists maintenance and facilities department with breakdowns and troubleshooting of equipment.
• Lead/assists with program team and meetings as needed (may include writing and distributing meeting minutes and following up on action items with cross functional colleagues at all levels)
• Independently manage sub-teams of the project team
• Lead/assists with risk mitigation planning
• Ensuring that standards, codes of practice and procedures are incorporated into all stages of the project.
• Experience and application of project management best practices and processes
• Provides project information at functional sub-team meetings and to other cross functional stakeholders
• Escalates project issues and risk mitigations to project lead or functional sub-team leader in a timely manner
• Assist head of program management with development of deliverables as needed
Qualifications and Professional Skills
• Degree in one of the engineering disciplines (Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical).
• Expected to be an expert in one of the engineering disciplines; chemical, mechanical or electrical but have a basic knowledge of all roles and their application in a pharmaceutical facility.
• 2 + years’ experience working/managing engineering projects. Experience within pharmaceutical industry preferred but not mandatory.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience working/leading cross-functional teams preferred.
• Reputation for success working in fast-changing environments, showing comfort with ambiguity.
• Quick learner, goal oriented and results driven with excellent problem-solving skills and proven experience escalating issues appropriately
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience planning, designing and programming projects utilizing information technology (MS/Project/Excel).