For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Power Generation Maintenance Director
BHI Energy is seeking a proven Power Generation Maintenance Director to lead a fleet of power generation facilities. Drive improvement within maintenance culture and processes. Must be experienced working in an Industrial setting (Chemical, Industrial Gas, Power Plants, or Energy from Waste) and ability to read P&ID, engineering drawings, and engineering standards. Bring 10+ years of power generation maintenance leadership.
• Ensure a consistent and integrated approach to maintenance through effective work planning, excellent communication and sharing of information.
• Develops Long Term Maintenance Budgets for each Plant
• Ensure Long Term Turnaround schedules are developed and executed to meet Safety, Regulatory, and Production Requirements.
• Ensure the accuracy and consistency of reporting and compliance with policies and procedures.
• Works closely with operations to stay abreast of production issues and offers guidance and support for resolution.
• Champion of Reliability initiatives and drives Maintenance Strategies that will improvements in equipment uptime.
• Works effectively with Maintenance, Reliability, and Operations teams to develop and continually improve the Preventive Maintenance Program at each facility.
• Leader in Continual Improvement and champions projects
• Tracks Key Performance Indicators and leverages that data to offer strategic solutions.
• Champion of the Client Maintenance Management Program
• Facilitates the implementation of Best Practices
• Partners with Procurement to maximize contracting strategies that benefit Client.
• Required to review and be an approver in Facility Change Notification (FCN) process.
• Lead resolution of scheduling conflicts associated to Field Change Notifications that will negatively impact the turnaround schedule.
• Foster the effective use of established HR systems and policies for hiring, recognition, growth, and the development of employees.
• Develop, teach, and mentor less experienced maintenance personnel, being responsive to request for help and explanations of maintenance and technical risk.
• Effectively prepares and implements Employee Development and Succession Plans for key positions.
• Ensures Critical Spare Parts Assessments are performed at each facility with actions assigned and tracked.
• Ensures RCA are completed in a timely manner on failures that occur within the Region.
• Be a Leader in safety and environmental compliance.
• Participate in Process Safety Management reviews (when required).
• Follows through on Assigned Actions in a timely manner. Position Requirements Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, technical field or Equivalent Industrial Experience
• Technical or engineering training and minimum 10 years in industrial maintenance management.
• Proven Leader in Field Based Safety and hazard recognition
• Root Cause Analysis and Action Registers
• Maintenance management experience, with a minimum of 10 years applicable experience in industrial maintenance and reliability engineering. Experience working in Industrial facilities / plant environment required. Energy from Waste (EfW) sector experience, a plus.
• Proven Maintenance and / or Operations supervision experience
• Practical field experience dealing with equipment installation, maintenance, overhaul, and operation. • Working knowledge of steam plant operation and associated process equipment
• Proficiency in MS Office, especially w/ Excel (spreadsheets, modeling, pivot tables), Outlook, Access.
• High level of knowledge and experience with maintenance management or asset management enterprise system.
• Managed Complex Outages and has expertise in Outage Scope Development, Planning, Budgeting, and execution
• Strong Planning and Scheduling skills
• Experience in applying reliability philosophies in Plant setting Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledgeable in Maintenance Improvement Processes, Asset Reliability Strategies, and Continual Improvement methods.
• Knowledge of Structured Maintenance.
• Failure mode analysis and failure analysis techniques
• Knowledge of machinery vibration analysis methods, thermography, condition assessment via instrumentation and field experience performing each or other NDT methods.
• Knowledge of industrial codes and standards ex: ASME, API, NBIC, OSHA, NFPA
• Continuous improvement experience – Six Sigma Certification
• Knowledge of Key Operating Documents - P&IDs, SOP, One Line drawings and specifications.
• Strong report writing skills and ability to commutate orally and in written format.
• Strong ability to build team/culture at facilities/across the regions, (resource and best practice sharing) • Motivated, self-starter.
• Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and easily with management/ employees at different levels of the organization in office or remotely.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to work through complex problems and reach prudent solution. Certifications (if applicable):
• Industry standard maintenance and reliability professional certifications (like SMRP) preferred.
• Asset Dependability
• Lowest Cost of Ownership Other Requirements:
• Operating facility environment with OSHA required PPE, safety training for areas of steam boiler and turbine – generator operation. Access to all areas of facility required as well as to confined spaces and respirator required areas. .
• Job requires physical demands consistent with work in industrial environment. Required frequent facility visits in pursuit of assignments. Candidate should have no limitations to working in industrial environment.
• Travel to facilities is required. ~50% travel and facility based work/ support at region’s facilities