For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Plant Operator – Electrical
We are currently recruiting for an OMT - Electrical to be based in Dover Plains, NY. The successful candidate will be responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of the power facility while assigned on shift or while assigned to the maintenance team. These responsibilities include, but is not limited to Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment. This equipment includes, but is not limited to the gas turbine, steam turbine, generators, heat recovery steam generator, air compressors, water treatment equipment, demineralizers, motors, pumps, fire suppression systems, brine concentrators, and all other balance of plant auxiliary equipment. Strictly adheres to all safety and environmental rules and regulations to protect employees, contractors, and public safety.
• Perform piping and conduit installation in the plant for system upgrades and modifications.
• Operate demineralizers, compressors, and turbine components.
• Perform Inspection of Watch on each system within the plant.
• Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, replacing valve packing, gaskets, valves, and gauges.
• Cleaning, replacing, oiling and lubricating other component parts and equipment as required.
• Reads meters, gauges, or automatic devices to record data such as temperature of equipment, vibration of equipment, hours of operation, pressure, and fluid levels, water chemistry to verify operating conditions.
• Performs general housekeeping and continuous improvement of the appearance of the facility including painting projects as required. Maintains the cleanliness of all areas of the plant and control room.
• Performs capital project and/or major program responsibilities as assigned by Plant Management.
• Coordinates purchasing with appropriate personnel and vendors in an effort to achieve timely repair of plant equipment.
• Operate and maintains a Combined Cycle power generating facility equipment with minimal guidance or assistance as directed by and in coordination with the LOMT.
• Identify and resolve CEMS problems. Assist in calibrations and gas bottle change outs.
• Keeps O&M Manager and/or LOMT fully informed of unusual plant conditions and current job progress as the job relates to facility operations when assigned on- shift.
• Responsible for ordering chemicals through established vendors.
• Utilizes the facility’s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
• Works with the O&M Manager in managing the plant’s inventory, performing audits as needed.
• Responsible for opening and closing circuit breakers as required for proper system operation and electrical isolation.
• Outage planning and scheduling involvement.
• Assist with development of Operations and Maintenance procedures.
• Assist with administering the Operator training program.
• Assist with performing Root Cause Analysis of failures.
• May operate heavy equipment such man lift and forklift.
• Perform water chemistry analysis on HRSG, auxiliary boiler, and cooling tower systems.
• Ensure water chemistry is within proper control ranges. Make adjustments to water chemistry, as needed, by controlling chemical feed and/or blowdown rates. Work with plant chemist, OMT’s and water treatment vendor to properly monitor overall chemistry program.
• Operate demineralized water system in accordance with OEM and plant procedures and monitor demineralized water to ensure quality is within acceptable limits.
• Reads, understands and complies with all regulatory procedures and facility safety programs. Follow all plant environmental permits.