For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Plant Operator for a Co-generation and Central Utility Plant located in Durham, NH.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• As part of a two-man team, operate and monitor a gas fired turbine power
plant to provide electricity, steam, heating hot water and chilled water to campus.
• Operate a gas / #2 fuel boiler plant as a backup.
• Monitor electrical systems.
• Perform preventative maintenance on plant equipment as directed.
• Stand a rotating shift. One week on / one week off.
• Follow written operating procedures. Perform tours, log equipment.
• Physical requirements; climbing stairs and ladders, walking, standing,
and ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Perform work in a safe, conscientious and efficient manner while maintaining
environmental and housekeeping standards.