For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Mate | Sr. Deckhand
• Provide direction to crew
• Strong focus on customer service
• Maintain the cleanliness and safety of all common areas
• Sweep, mop, and wash down decks to remove dirt, and debris, using brooms, mops, brushes, and hoses
• Load or unload materials from vessels
• Handle lines to moor vessels to pier
• Stand watch as directed by the Captain
• Preventative, and ongoing routine vessel maintenance including, but not limited to aesthetics, plumbing, electrical, water (potable, raw, black, and gray) fire suppression, communications, and navigation systems
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
• Pre-employment and on-going random drug testing required for all marine personnel
• One (1) to three (3) years’ maritime experience OR one (1) year mechanical experience preferred
• Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
• Required to lift furniture and other heavy items such as provisions up and down stairs.
• Required to throw mooring lines from ship to pier
• Per maritime law, must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident
Entertainment Cruises, Inc. is the nation’s largest fleet of premier dinner excursion vessels that provides its employees with an outstanding work environment, and culture, competitive compensation packages, stability, and growth opportunities.
For purposes of this job description only, references to “Entertainment Cruises Inc.” are to the following subsidiaries of Entertainment Cruises, Inc.: Premier Yachts, Inc., Mystic Blue Cruises, Inc., Seadog Ventures, Inc., and Spirit Cruises, LLC. You are employed by one of these subsidiaries, not by Entertainment Cruises, Inc.
Competitive, varies based on experience