For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
BEE International is a worldwide supplier of high pressure homogenizing systems to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Chemical, Cosmetic and Food industries since 1994. We develop, manufacture and market laboratory and production systems enabling our customers to develop innovative new products and to produce them more economically than ever before. We are a small organization looking for hard working and motivated individuals to help us grow. We have an opening for a Manufacturing Technician and seek a highly motivated mechanically skilled, detail oriented, well-organized, team player.
This role provides direct labor for the manufacturing and service of high quality high pressure homogenizing systems. Key responsibilities of the job include:
- Assemble custom machinery including hydraulic, electrical (basic), and pneumatic assemblies
- Fabricate custom parts using a drill press, grinder, and also coning, threading, and bending tubes and other fixtures
- Troubleshoot problems on machines during assembly
- Maintain production area in good order including inventory and work in process
- Provide technical support and training to customers
- Travel typically 10% of time for customer installations and service
- Good manual dexterity
- Strict attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings is a plus
- Ability to work well in a group environment
- Good work ethic, excellent communication skills