For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Manager of Barge Tankerman/Engineers - 2 positions open
The Manager of Barge Tankerman/Engineers is a newly created position that will directly oversee all BTC Barge Tankerman, engines, generators and winches.
Reports to: Vice President of Maintenance & Repairs & New Construction
• Review all relieving reports
• Monitor and review lube oil analysis
• Oversee and monitor engine and generator hours
• Oversee preventative maintenance
• Manage overhauls of engines and generators
• Act as the direct report for all tankerman; who will report all engine, pump and winch issues to this position.
Skills, Education Requirements:
• Engineering degree from a maritime college/university
• Minimum 5 years’ experience sailing on a petroleum transportation barge
• John Deer and EMD experience and training
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Ability to work after hours, on weekends and holidays, as needed
• Ability to answer calls after hours, on weekends and holidays, as needed
• Travel to shipyards as requested
• Excellent computer and Microsoft Office skills
• Experience with NS 5 and CFO Maritime
• Neat and professional in appearance
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Strong time management skills
• Strong ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency
• Ability to multi-task
• Current TWIC card
• Major Medical
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Health Savings Account
• The position is Exempt.
• Requires travel and the ability to work long hours to meet required deadlines.
• Must comply with all BTC office policies/procedures and maritime regulations, including those that pertain to safety
Mission: Safety First, the Only Bouchard Way
Bouchard recognizes safety as the top priority. It is the most important service that we can provide our crew, customers and the environment. It is the mission of all Bouchard employees to diligently work to always achieve the following:
• Maintain the safest working environment possible
• Achieve zero incidents impacting the environment
• Achieve zero injuries within the fleet and ashore