For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift
Maintains the integrity of all building systems, operate the building in an efficient manner, and perform a variety of tenant services while maintaining positive tenant relations in accordance with the customers established operational and safety procedures.
- Maintain and monitor common building areas
- Assist in the efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building and site systems for assigned properties. Building systems include but are not limited to HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, water treatment, hardware, keying and fire protection.
- Perform and/or assist in the installation, fabrication, construction, troubleshooting and repair or maintenance of complex mechanical and electrical equipment. Perform various maintenance services including HVAC maintenance and repair and perform tenant services as required.
Receive work assignments, plan and/or generate work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials.
- Complete assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of contractors, inspecting work and generating deficiency lists.
- Provide proper care to the assigned equipment, tools, and uniforms. Keep the shop, penthouse equipment rooms and common areas clean, organized and safe.
- Follow inspection and service procedures outlined in the preventative maintenance and loss control programs. Conduct and/or provide support in the day-to-day completion, organization and accuracy of preventive maintenance and loss control.
- Accurately complete tenant requests, repair work and related records for the respective site/buildings as required. Follow applicable government / local authority requirements (e.g. Orders of Condition) and other records for assigned properties.
- Regularly inspect all areas of the site/building(s) and communicate deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvements and take initiative to correct as appropriate.
- Employ service procedures and techniques in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain logs on daily activities and events as required.
- Effectively communicate to the appropriate party/parties the status and activity of building operations and conditions and promptly report any potential or existing problems.
- Available for various shifts, to fill in for other staff, and to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs as needed. Respond to after hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including but not limited to snow and ice removal) power outage and other related situations including clean-up activities per on-call procedures or as requested in critical situations.
- Promote and maintain a high standard in the operation and appearance of the properties. Promote, establish and maintain positive relations with tenants via proactive communication, routine follow-up and a high level of customer service.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience as a Maintenance Technician
- A minimum of 1-3 years equivalent training experience required including working knowledge of commercial office building systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work efficiently, and prioritize in a demanding work environment.
- Familiarity of OSHA, NFPA and Life Safety codes and regulations preferred.
- Technical and problem solving abilities including those related to mechanical controls and Building Automation Systems.
- Basic skills necessary to operate computer for general day to day work and communication.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Flexibility to work at various properties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record when required.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
- Regular use of various machinery and tools.
- Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside.
- Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
- Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.
- May require the ability to operate a vehicle (i.e. truck, van, utility cart, etc.).
Internal and External Contacts:
- Regularly interfaces with tenants, various staff, vendors, construction professionals and consultants.
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We’re building the best team in the industry – our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you’re joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world’s largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple - talented people. Visit our website at https://cwservices.com.
Learn why C&W Services is an ideal place for veterans to continue their careers: https://cwservices.com/veterans/
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.